Matamp - Just lost a sale.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
So after reading some good things about Matamp Amps here I decided to email them asking for them to answer some specific questions about their amps. Considering they charge around 2K for an amp when it's all said and done I did not find this request for information unreasonable.

Not only did it take them 2 weeks to respond to me, the respondant ignored everything I said and instead gave me a phone number to call instead. Since I didn't really find it neccesary to call overseas to get questions answered I emailed them back asking if they could address my questions via email.

Their response? 'No, this cannot be done.'

Sounds like a great business model, be totally unhelpful to prospective clients!

Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is absolutely absurd?

Red Barchetta said:
Not absurd...but that kind of treatment is unfortunately becoming more common.

RB

I suppose you are right, I'd read nothing but great reviews of their company and products online only to find this... perhaps that explains why I'm so dumbfounded.

It's too bad that you could not have gotten your questions answered via e-mail. I'd wonder what the reasoning was for their not responding. Was it that they are a small company and didn't have the band width to do so or were they unwilling or incapable of backing statements up in writing? Or is it a business model where they don't have the foresight to take interest in their prospective customers? If they can't even coax you into the honeymoon period, I'd be concerned as to how well they'd respond and provide service, once you've spent the money on their product. Like Red Barchetta said, it's becoming more common and it is unfortunate to see. If I am willing to take a chance on a smaller company, I expect them to be at least receptive to me, or I do not do business with them. The ones that do provide good service along with a good product have my loyalties.

Brewski said:
It's too bad that you could not have gotten your questions answered via e-mail. I'd wonder what the reasoning was for their not responding. Was it that they are a small company and didn't have the band width to do so or were they unwilling or incapable of backing statements up in writing? Or is it a business model where they don't have the foresight to take interest in their prospective customers? If they can't even coax you into the honeymoon period, I'd be concerned as to how well they'd respond and provide service, once you've spent the money on their product. Like Red Barchetta said, it's becoming more common and it is unfortunate to see. If I am willing to take a chance on a smaller company, I expect them to be at least receptive to me, or I do not do business with them. The ones that do provide good service along with a good product have my loyalties.

This is exactly how I feel, I want to spend money with the small guy.. they just haven't made it very easy for me to do so.

Latest posts

Back