Mark V vs JVM410H

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder100

Reaction score
As long(er) time owner of Mark v and newbie on JVM I wanted to share experience a bit

On the beginn of my tonal journey I was a Fender guy then and still in love with Mark V

I own the JVM410H (with V30) now a 3 weeks, and I have an AXE FX 2 too which can do Marshall's VERY WELL

I was I no need for annther AMP, but as I recently play a lot of Blues which are in the Marshall heart or Marshall ballpark(like the late Gary Moore) I thought lets go for the real thing

And I can say all my 3 main amps (+several others)compliment well together

410 good side

Its a Mashall and so far i think all what is Marshall tone is in there
the footswitch is a ringer and the way it switches the channel gain (green-yellow-red) is great too

410 down side

Big/bulky/heavy(and a Mark V is not light)
Reverb is soso
Clean channel green needs a bit more-->may go to that Fender mod
Red channel (highest gain) is noisy-Probably the JS with 4 noise gates instead of the reverb would have been the better choice

My 2 cents

Roland

KH Guitar Freak said:
You should consider getting the JVM-JS over the JVM410H... 8)
Yes and no-->Noise gate instead of that medium reverb will be a plus,but then you lose OD2 as OD1 and OD2 are very similar on the JS

But you never can get it all

Merry Christmas

Roland

hey thunder, thanks for the quick review.

i guess i was doing the other way around.
see, i bought a mark v a couple of days ago (its should be here today! :shock: :D ) after having a JVM410H (and a YJM).
i am very curious how it will stand against my marshalls.
i was dreaming on buying the mark v for a long time (maybe its the petrucchi thing.. :oops: ) and i finally got to it.

BTW - i was watching the forum for a couple of days,,, its seams that it is very quiet in here :roll: ...
what the deal?

thunder100 said:
KH Guitar Freak said:
You should consider getting the JVM-JS over the JVM410H... 8)
Yes and no-->Noise gate instead of that medium reverb will be a plus,but then you lose OD2 as OD1 and OD2 are very similar on the JS

But you never can get it all

Merry Christmas

Roland

True, but with the mid shift button engaged, pretty close to the stock OD2 channel IMO...

byrdparis said:

see, i bought a mark v a couple of days ago (its should be here today! :shock: :D ) after having a JVM410H (and a YJM).
i was dreaming on buying the mark v for a long time (maybe its the petrucchi thing.. :oops: ) and i finally got to it.

My CH 1 setting is 100% Petrucchi-->GREAT-->Again most is (not) in (my) the fingers :oops:
CH 2 I am in Mark I (Abraxas-Santana)
CH 3 is a love and hate relationship between Mark II C+ and Mark IV depends on the day

Tonal questions,if you have,among others ,easierst to screamingdaisy

Now the JVM in OD1 Red and OD2 Orange can sound a bit Markish,but with an odd setting-so I again it reconfirms it will never go

byrdparis said:
BTW - i was watching the forum for a couple of days,,, its seams that it is very quiet in here :roll: ...
what the deal?

Its christmas and was a bit more silent since October or so

KH Guitar Freak said:
True, but with the mid shift button engaged, pretty close to the stock OD2 channel IMO...
what the deal?

I am looking now in the soundgate mod,which seems pretty easy to do(JVM forum)

Roland

Why not just run a gate pedal up front instead? Cheaper and less time consuming in the end... 8)

Yes thats the other alternative

ISP Decimator G String-->219 $

But as I want to do the clean channel Blackface mod as well.I can do the noisegate too

Still no hurry though

Roland

byrdparis said:

what the deal?

It's always quiet in here compared to MarshallForum.com

SonVolt said:
byrdparis said:

what the deal?

It's always quiet in here compared to MarshallForum.com

hi man :)
though i recognize some known avatar :wink:

and ya... i was surprised to see that :roll:

i own both of those amps and they both are great and quite capable of meeting the majority of my tonal needs.

Latest posts

Back