Mark V unboxed and unleashed!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_k

Reaction score
Jeez what a monster the Mark V head is. Just got it delivered, set up in the Mark IV mode with tons of gain and running through a Bogner Ubercab. Even with all the high-end and over-priced stuff I got, I am totally digging the **** out of this little box of Armageddon!

This is the first Mesa I have owned since selling the Dual Recto a few years back. ****....its good to be back in the Boogie camp!

Steve
MKV #1362

Another happy customer! Welcome back to the fold.

What other "high end" amp gear do you play through, and how does the Mark 5 hold up against them?

Thanks!

steve_k said:
Jeez what a monster the Mark V head is. Just got it delivered, set up in the Mark IV mode with tons of gain and running through a Bogner Ubercab. Even with all the high-end and over-priced stuff I got, I am totally digging the sh!t out of this little box of Armageddon!

This is the first Mesa I have owned since selling the Dual Recto a few years back. ****....its good to be back in the Boogie camp!

Steve
MKV #1362
Hope Peter doesn't wonder over here! :lol:

Nice to have a variety of amps :mrgreen:

Wow, how unobservant can one be....

I just now noticed your impressive list of amplification, ****!

How does the Mark 5 stand up to those big boys?

Shang Chi 66 said:
Wow, how unobservant can one be....

I just now noticed your impressive list of amplification, ****!

How does the Mark 5 stand up to those big boys?

It sure as hell holds its own and I am stoked as hell about it. I wanted some Mark IV tone to add to the mix and figured it would cut through and articulate well. The Herbert is a great all around metal amp and of course the Uberschall is too for pulling bottom duties. The Herbie and Uber though don't go well together. I am going to run the Mark V alongside one of the two. I will be doing that today and see what the outcome is, as well as post some clips maybe if I can get my Digi rack set up.

Steve

That's good man, glad you're enjoying it. You've quite the arsenal there, and some side by side demo clips would be great!

I've heard about how awesome the Fortin is (and how the Mark 5 simply can't measure up), and even though it's a different flavor, it sure would be cool to hear them side by side.

stephen sawall said:
Very cool Steve .... :mrgreen:

I would like to know how you feel about the Bones and IV compared to each other ?

Well, the Bones (which I haven't got around to totally getting it dialed in yet) and the Mark V are applies and oranges and cannot be compared. You are going to get more of a heavily saturated SLO tone out of the Bones whereas with the Mark V, well its just Mark tone. I don't foresee running them side by side as I don't think they would compliment each other. I haven't found a cab/speakers that really suits the Bones either to the point where I think it has its most potential. The Mark can sound about the same through anything.

Steve

WillPlayForFood said:
Hey Steve, nice to see you over here again, too!! I go by GtarLover over at Rig Talk.

Have tons of fun with the Mark V, I am loving mine!!!

OK dude. See you over here and there!

Finally found my Lehle P-Split and got the MkV and the Herbert A/B/Y'd now. Going to kick out a few clips. Picking up some **** radio interference on the Herbie right now, which is odd. Will see if it goes away. Can't be having that ****.

Oh, and I am digging the hell out of my Mark V. The head just roars in Mark IV mode with the EQ. Having loads of fun with it. Just scored me a Red Stripe Mark III head for $622!

I may be all Mesa soon.....(except for the Herbert).

Steve

From someone who has the amps you do, that means much! Awesome stuff man, welcome back!

steve_k said:
Jeez what a monster the Mark V head is. Just got it delivered, set up in the Mark IV mode with tons of gain and running through a Bogner Ubercab. Even with all the high-end and over-priced stuff I got, I am totally digging the sh!t out of this little box of Armageddon!

Steve
MKV #1362

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.jpg

Ahh, the Mark V, what a piece of ****!!! Does not sound like a Mark II 1C+ at all!!!! The speaker falls out of you play to much heavy metal!!!! The clean channels is about as clean as the bathroom at your local wal-mart, and the Mark I mode gives all of your notes some weird Hispanic tone, like a black magic women after she had one to many bean burritos at Taco Bell..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All jokes aside, you have one of the best amps going right now, and it is amazing! Enjoy it sir, and serve it well!!!!

\m/

Back