Mark V Combo Extention Cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cully

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I couldn't get 'the sound' from my Dual Rec Roadster 212 Combo, so I took the plunge and bought the Mark V combo.
Wow is all I can say, seriously different tones, I've found 'the sound' and I love the Mark V. (I digress)
I want an extention cab and would like some recommendations please
MB 2 x 12 Rectifier closed back
MB 2 x 12 Roadster closed back (what's the difference)
MB 2 x 12 3/4 back cab

Or change the speaker for an EV, Emminence or JBL etc.
I used to own a Music Man 65 combo with a JBL and it sounded incredible.

I play mainly rock, Lizzy, Metallica, etc using a Gibson Les Paul Trad 1960 with Zebras.
Also own a Zakk Wylde aged, Custom 57 Historic reissue and Gold Top Deluxe and all sound different.
Plus at home I use an Ibanez J Custom RG 8570Z import from Japan (awesome)

Get the wide body Thiele closed back front ported cab 1-12" c90. 469$..from Mesa. right cab for the combo..You can stack it..looks cool..or separate them..sounds better..I have this setup and it sounds awesome..very BIG sound.

I went with a PortCity 2x12 with WGS V30 and ET65 pairing. More of a replacement than an extension though to be honest. Very 3d sounding.

535_boogie_1.jpg

'nuff said. It's the Thiele cab.

Cully said:
sduck said:
That looks the part.
Is it the Wide Body Thiele or the Compact?

That looks like a compact.

Like this.

DSC_4226sm.jpg

A Boogie and a Thiele is one of the greatest combos ever. I've got a 4x12 halfback too, but it just sits unused most of the time these days.

I can't say enough about the Thiele 1x12 with the EV.

bdcbe802.jpg

I also run a Mark V head through a widebody ported cab that I had Mesa install an older Mesa EV. I have another one on its way, they sound so good.

3ce50108.jpg

Speak of the devil.... the new Widebody w/ EVM-12L (Mesa branded) came in the next day. Here is what the complete rig looks like now.

b7ade7cb.jpg

Latest posts

Back