Mark V 25w comparison to Studio 22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andygprs

Reaction score
Hi,

I know that might sound a bit *wild* but I have a Studio 22+ with graphic eq and it's amazing what a 1 x 12 combo can do. I love how the gain channel can punch through. The downside is that it's not a true 2 channel amp, and even the master volume doesn't feel like a true master volume....in that if you change that, then the balance of clean vs gain changes......and in general it feels like the slightest know of any of the controls and the amp isn't going to have the sounds I want for a gig. But it is a truly great amp.

Tbh, I prefer using a head with a 2x12 cab anyway. The V25 seems to be very portable which works for me. I'm hoping the V25 will have an even more modern option for the high gain, but the advantage of twin channels, separate eqs etc...... But will it still punch through the mix like the Studio 22+

Has anyone hear happened to have owned / played through both?

Thanks,
Andy

I have gigged with the V:25 a few times and it punches through a hard rock/old school metal mix just fine. The Channel 1 MID control has a built in boost function which can really help with the punch. Noon on the MID dial is the typical max value. Noon to 5 o’clock provides the ability to dial in some mid boost. And of course the graphic EQ used with Channel 2 can also provide punch with a less deep vee shape.

Sorry, I haven’t played a 22+ so can’t compare.

Latest posts

Back