MARK IV vs. TRIAXIS Request

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAN THE ACCURATELY REPLICATE THE SOUND OF THE MARK IV ??

• Triaxis CAN nail the mark IV tone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triaxis CANNOT nail the mark IV tone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nick_cor

Reaction score
I'm wondering what people think about the Triaxis vs Mark IV. I personally cannot believe you can nail a mark IV tone with the triaxis and the 2:90. I've heard the triaxis before and i'm not a believer. Can someone please post a clip of the a triaxis or either their mark IV so I can compare them

If the triaxis can nail the mark IV tone, then i'll will consider selling my mark IV for the TA and 2:90 and if this is really the case, then why don't people use them in the studio over their mesa heads??

Anyways can people post clips of their triaxis and their mark IVs if they have both, and let people know your settings so that someone can try to replicate the tone.

8)

Thanks

See mi sig. I sold my Mark IV and kept my Traixis rig (more versatile and with proper EQ'ing, absolutely nails the Mark tones, especially the Mark IV).

I did the opposite sold my Triaxes & 2:90 and kept the Mark IV, but it was mainly a money and room decision

My Triaxes & 2:90 had incredible sound and versatility as far as nailing the sounds of the Mark IV I would have to say, dam close. Plus all the other goodies I use to take full advantage of the real time controllers, use to do hours of programming but always well worth the time! If you are playing live it is the bomb.
But during recordings I would always come back to the Mark IV, I did not even realize I was doing this at first (it was a subconscious thing) till a few people asked “you get such a awesome sound live why don’t you have the Triaxes & 2:90?” when I though about it, it had to do with the attack I like the attack of the head better.
Both rigs where played through the same 4x 12 cab

So I guess my advice if you plan on playing live allot , do it, if not stick with those 3 amazing sounds you already have.

Right now I’ running my Mark IV with 2 6l6 & 2 EL34 and could not happier with the sound of the amp but in case I change my mind I also have a set of 4 6L6 ready to go and my speaker of choice is vintage 30’s

What 6L6C said for me. Had a Triaxis + 50/50, went to a Mark IV. I was usually trying to replicate a IIC+ rather than a IV on the Triaxis (which it could do fairly well), but I preferred the organic sound (and greater portability) of the Mark IV itself.

If you go to my Soundclick page, there are recordings of both amps. Family Portrait is all Triaxis. My best capturing of the Mark IV's tone is the EZMarkIV clip.

SeasonOfPain said:
What 6L6C said for me. Had a Triaxis + 50/50, went to a Mark IV. I was usually trying to replicate a IIC+ rather than a IV on the Triaxis (which it could do fairly well), but I preferred the organic sound (and greater portability) of the Mark IV itself.

If you go to my Soundclick page, there are recordings of both amps. Family Portrait is all Triaxis. My best capturing of the Mark IV's tone is the EZMarkIV clip.

Is there anyway I can request you to record your mark IV tone and then on the same clip change it to the triaxis, because i'm not convinced yet :S

Nick_cor said:
SeasonOfPain said:

Is there anyway I can request you to record your mark IV tone and then on the same clip change it to the triaxis, because i'm not convinced yet :S
Well, no... I sold the Triaxis after buying the Mark IV. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. :)

HAHA ok, well i think i'm just going to stick with the Mark IV , i'm getting a studio pre, this should give me that one extra channel I'm in need of. I'll probebly end up getting a poweramp or something, maybe some cheap poweramp so i can fuse tones and stuff, ( i got a stereo cab ) anyways thanks for the help!

i'm keepign the Mark IV !

http://www.myspace.com/hulkbloodmusic

i can't give you a mark iv clip myself but my friends band (i'm not all crazy about the music) reorded with traixis + 2:90 + mesa 4x12

i'm friends with all those guys but in particular the lead guitarist bryan is a pretty good production dude as far as recording and what not. he mixed and recorded that EP for them, the point is that he loves lamb of god and the whole "dropped d" thing so he has a triaxis and nails the mark iv tones pretty well...

all the songs have the same eq settings but the song "goonies never say die" is a pretty good example of a clear mark iv recording.

the end @ 4:07 or so i added an overdub on his tri-2:90 rig with my own guitar because something wnet wrong with the recording for the rhythym guitarist so he needed another take and i said that part sounds cool let me play it. so anyways i was there and heard it live as it was recorded it pretty much nailed it.

Back