Mark IV Too Much Bass At High Volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpoon

Reaction score
So I got my Mark IV a week ago and I'm extremely happy with it. Within four days I got a sweet Old Metallica "Kill 'Em All" type sound. This setting i got only sounds great when my Lead Master is at 0.5! It's great for practicing at my house cause i just crank the Main Volume Knob but I need it louder for jams with my band even though this amp is 180 watts or so LOL. Every time i move the Lead Master switch to 3 or so which is fine for jamming with my band the whole sound changes. Is there anyway to keep that "old" bright sound at high volumes without it having so much bass. BTW bass knob at 0 or 2 doesnt help.

The Mesa EQ is one which is very sensitive, Adjusting other knobs, will affect how other ones work and react, if you know what i mean.

Check out the Mark IV manual, or if you dont have it:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark%204.pdf

Take a good read through, and it will explain the EQ etc. It may make it more clear.

I play metal and blues and rock, and i use the v shape eq but still to bassy, but now i use jjel34 L + 6L6s and wow, bass clears up nice still heavy, great for what i need.
it also sounds to me if i got more gain as well.

put the presence on 10, and pull the pot out. When you pull out the presence knob, it will cut some of the lows. I do this for r2 also.

Back