Mark IV Silent Recording?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkdawg

Reaction score
Of course everyone agree micing an amp is better. If that process is a 10, how would you rate the Silent Recording on the Mark IV?

I can't find many clips anywhere.

Listen to a song I did with my Mark IV a while back (about a year ago when I had my MIV still!). I used the direct record out for the rhythm and miced a thiele cab halfway b/w the dust cap edge and the edge of the speaker cone on axis with a SM57 for the leads. It's not bad i guess for as little as I know about recording! Should give you an idea of the difference though. The direct out is a little harsher than the miced tone...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=793530

The song is called "Round Town". Don't ask me why... :lol:

I'd rate silent recording a 5 to a 6. While micing does give your tone more life to it, direct recording isn't all that bad. With my setup the rhythm sound is similar to MusicManJP6's "stand out in the mix" wise. And btw, your tone coming through the cabinet, coming through your monitors while silent recording is activated, and being recorded will most likely sound all different which can drive you nuts.

the only way I've ever gotten it to sound decent is to send the record out to a cab sim.

Back