MarK IV Silent Fan (europe)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorshelter

Reaction score
Hi!!

My mark IV fan is a bit too noisy and I'd like to know if I can replace it with a silent one, the amp is a european version (220v) but the fan is a Howard 115v, 16/14A, 12,11W, if any of you already changed it would you tell me what I need (brand, model, store..) thanks a lot :wink:

I've been meaning to ask this too. I have the US model, but believe it's the same fan and power rating.

Has anyone managed to convert a super silent computer case fan (120mm and typically 12V or 5V) for use in the mark iv?

The fan runs on 117 Volts even if the amp is running on 230 volts, so if you want a quieter fan, look for the 117 volts versions.
I have a Globe motor 115V fan with part no A47-B15A-15T1-100, 6 watts and 27 dBa in my C+, and you can only hear it when it's quiet around you. I don't know who sells them though.

A 230 Volt fan would probably work, but you'll never know, it might be that it wouldn't run at all.
To convert a 12V fan into 117 V will not work, the 12v fan will probably burn out in seconds, or run at incredible high speed, and be extremely noisy.

Thank you Tony!

I hope I'll get more references from others who changed their fan because I get comments when I record things with this amp and I'll record in August, it'll be too hot to run the amp without the fan so I've got to find something...

Check out Orion fans, they have some fans that might work for you.

http://www.orionfans.com/html/oa109.html
The one with part no OA109-AP-11-3 might be the one you need.

I don't know if this is possible, but my Mark IV is in a rack and I was wondering if I could power 2 fans from the original "fan plug", one under the preamp and one extracting air on the back of the rack.... is this possible if I find 2 5-6A fans....

Latest posts

Back