Mark IV reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
Are you guys using the reverb from the mk 4 or do you use outboard gear for reverbs ?

When I got this thing my mind was set on a digital reverb and I was confident that the reverb was rubbish in the mk 4.

But to my surprise I really like it. I can have a lush reverb on the clean channel and since it affects the lead channel less it is very nice there too.

i find it tolerable on rhym 1...but i find it just eats rhym 2 and lead tone, like seriously ruins it

I really like the reverb too. Very lush and full, and I find it to be just subtle enough too. I've never turned it past 5 though so I've still got some experimenting to do.

I haven't noticed any tone loss from Rhythm 2 or the Lead channel but that's definitely something I'll look into next time I think of it... thanks for the tip.

The reverb on the Mark IV is not bad, but when the rest of the amplifier is so stellar in performance one tends to be disappointed whenever it is activated. The same can fairly be said about most Mark series amps, IMO - I don't use it very often on any of my amps.

It tends to get lost in the mix pretty quickly anyway, but if you're just playing at home it certainly is best on RHY1, and is better used sparingly on RHY2 and lead.

Lonestar is where it's at.

I had both a MKIVa and MKIVb at the same time. The "a" version's reverb
was so much better than the "b". The b was not useable. I used my
Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy for verb in that thing. My a version though,
especially after replacing the reverb driver with a NOS Mullard CV4024,
OMG. It was pretty **** nice. I don't know which version MKIV you have
Geiri, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the a version.

I usually have mine on about 5 or so. Any higher and it effects the lead channel too much. Mine is a mid 2000's version b.

Scott

Latest posts

Back