Mark IV coming!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
'Ello!
I am now the proud owner of this:
[------------------------------------------------------------]

Hope its not a scam :p

Anyway, Mark IIC+... You're next!!!

I really should've jumped on that one that ended recently (60/100 modded to simul-class) but as no one was able to verify the tranny, I felt a bit hesitant. Purchasing the Mark IV in no way impacts my ability to buy a IIC+ though. Will actively pursue as soon as the school year starts (so that I don't have to ship it back and forth from home to college several times).

So...anyway... In the Mark IV club now :)
Any words of wisdom from the community?

Thanks!

****, poor you! I'd simply die from impatience :p

Figured it was better to spend 1400ish on a minty one on ebay myself.

:) But you get warraaaaantyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Yeah! I'm just paranoid :? Never trust other people unless I know them when it comes to handling my gear.

And I love unpacking a new head from Mesa....so fun :D

Nice... Let us know when it arrives and post up some pics with the rest of your rig.

Russ said:
Nice... Let us know when it arrives and post up some pics with the rest of your rig.

Sadly the rest of my "rig" is a Boss GT-6 and a few shitty Marshalls that I'm selling off :/

That's why this Mark IV is a good...fresh...new start! :D

Seller hasn't contacted/replied to me yet :/ Getting kinda nervous.

Relax a little,. Maybe he is away for the weekend or is out visiting friends or family today. I would certainly try to contact the seller before making payment though just to open communications.

Russ said:
Relax a little,. Maybe he is away for the weekend or is out visiting friends or family today. I would certainly try to contact the seller before making payment though just to open communications.

Not really possible. It was a short term auction... actually I only woke up and saw it 3 hours before it would have ended. And the seller set it up with a "immediate payment required", so that one couldn't actually win the auction without setting up payment first... so...

bentium said:
how much do you guys actualy pay for a new mark4 in the us?

$1850 for a head, $1950 for a combo.
You can always check this post for pricing:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9622

8)

wow, im gonna have to import!!! there pretty much the same price but in pounds over the pond

When u get it let me know what you think of it, im seriously considering selling my dual recto for a mark IV. Nothing wrong with my recto i just think the mark IV might be more similar to the Petrucci sound im after

shredtheater said:
wow, im gonna have to import!!! there pretty much the same price but in pounds over the pond

When u get it let me know what you think of it, im seriously considering selling my dual recto for a mark IV. Nothing wrong with my recto i just think the mark IV might be more similar to the Petrucci sound im after

ABSOLUTELY sell that **** and get a Mark IV! Unless of course its one of those sacred pre-500 serial two channel dual rectifiers...

The Mark IV is a MUCH more sophisticated amp, must more versatile, and much MUCH more in the vein of what Petrucci prefers. Just look at how much more he uses his Marks than his Recto's! He briefly dabbled with the Road King (series 1) but now he's back to Marks! (and Lone star for cleans, but still...)

But yeah. Definately get a Mark IV :D

By the way, how's that JP-6? I was craaaaaving one and then the BFR came along and I really want it, but don't want to get it just yet. It's not even a matter of expense, I could definately afford one if it was the only thing I wanted at the moment... just... I don't feel like I deserve it yet, as far as my lack of skill goes.

Considering the BFR isn't a limited run, I decided to take a few years to systematically advance my technique on the guitar and then purchse one of those. (In Bahama Blueburst 8) )

yeh i think the Mark IV is the one. Hopefully sell my recto and take advantage of that exhange rate in the US. Btw, is the effects loop series or parallel??

Well i love the JP6 and im no where nears JPs standard either so dont let that stop u getting one. I dont know much about this new one, ie seen the pics and i prefer the older one, its abit less 'signature' looking. Id probably change my bridge pickup but other than that i love it. Other than Suhr i have absolutely no desire to get another guitar other than more of the same (well in an ideal world!)

shredtheater said:
yeh i think the Mark IV is the one. Hopefully sell my recto and take advantage of that exhange rate in the US. Btw, is the effects loop series or parallel??

Well i love the JP6 and im no where nears JPs standard either so dont let that stop u getting one. I dont know much about this new one, ie seen the pics and i prefer the older one, its abit less 'signature' looking. Id probably change my bridge pickup but other than that i love it. Other than Suhr i have absolutely no desire to get another guitar other than more of the same (well in an ideal world!)

Ohhh lucky you, I have the desire to get plenty of other guitars. One of them is only made in Japan and is $4350 and not nearly worth it, but I can't help myself... I just NEED it! lol

I like the tone of the new Petrucci model a lot more... at least judging by when he brings out the prototype in the Score DVD and how it sounds on the new album... New wood and tone block makes it sound a lot...hm... fuller and warmer. Also the quilt/flame tops look soooooooo nice... And about time they cut it out with the "piezo no piezo inlays no inlays mystic dream matching headstock or not" bullshit :lol:

No idea about the effects loop, sorry. Make a thread if you're curious and you'll get an answer :wink:

Back