Mark IV Clone - PICS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A US patent is 17 years. There are two Simul patents, but I doubt they are valid. A current US copyright lasts for the lifetime of the author, plus 70 years. Mesa copyrights their circuit board artwork, but a PTP is not cheating the copyright and in the case of the MK IV, a patent.

Schmoog said:
correct me if I'm wrong, but simul class came into being with the mark II yea? so thats what, 80? 81? somewhere around there. so the patent on simul class has since expired. the PCB may be copyrighted, but I am guessing that this guy is wiring the whole thing PTP, so that gets around that issue

Ok, you got a point there. :)

Schmoog said:
I'm serious man. If hes only charging like 800-1000 USD for it, maybe I can get you to have him make one and ship it to me in the US

just cool, sure. 8)

im gonna ask him again how much he's wanting, but, if you wanna, i can send you his email and you contact him direct (you sure can tell me that talked to me, Glauco).

[email protected]

does he speak spanish or portuguese? my spanish is great (took it for 5 years, been to mexico twice) but my portuguese is kinda weak. does he speak english?

Schmoog said:
I don't think he is mass producing these per se. seems like he is just making 1. and its by request of a customer

actually hes becoming a very well known hand maker down here, he also makes clones of soldano SLO100, JCM800 and so on, you can check the guy's work here:

www.pedrone.com.br

Schmoog said:
does he speak spanish or portuguese? my spanish is great (took it for 5 years, been to mexico twice) but my portuguese is kinda weak. does he speak english?

dont know if he can handle a conversation, but he can trade emails in english, for sure.

but, in the end if things dont get up right, i can help ya, of course 8)

mxr2000 said:
Le Marc?owns a website o e-mail adress? I would love to get in contact whit him.. He do this in the USA?

Le Marc is just a fantasy name, the brands name is Pedrone (the guys name actually - Augusto Pedrone).

no, he makes them in the God blessed Brazil 8)

if this guy is making that for 1000 bucks. brazil is definetly god blessed

Schmoog said:
if this guy is making that for 1000 bucks. brazil is definetly god blessed

Brazil is blessed not only for having good amp hand makers . . . :wink:

you forgot our beaches, food, girls, music, mountains . . . 8) :wink: :lol:

so yes, just hang up with Augusto on the phone, he can sure build one for you . . . if you wanna you can send him a mail.

he said he has newer pics (he's working at the amp right now!), soon he send me, ill post here.

true. however I'll just call you guys blessed for the amp for now. cause its unlikely I'll get to experience the mountains, beaches, and women anytime soon. but the amps are within reach...

oh. and if you get to take that beast for a spin, see if you can lay a couple clips down with it. I'm dyin to hear what it sounds like.

Schmoog said:
true. however I'll just call you guys blessed for the amp for now. cause its unlikely I'll get to experience the mountains, beaches, and women anytime soon. but the amps are within reach...

anytime my friend, anytime . . . and when the time comes, ill get you to the bar that the Maestro Tom Jobim wrote "Girl from Ipanema" to have a nice cold draft staring at the Atlantic watching those beautifull rounded booties . . . :wink: 8)

Schmoog said:
oh. and if you get to take that beast for a spin, see if you can lay a couple clips down with it. I'm dyin to hear what it sounds like.

oh yeah, already told Augusto that im anxious to play that baby!!

Schmoog said:
don't tempt me man. I'll leave NYC in a heartbeat to hang in brazil

ive got a friend in NYC that already has come to Brazil, every summer he dreams of caming back again . . . actually he just drop me line yesterday and told me stories when he was here . . . especially about his sexual trips along the shore . . . ROTFL!!

just a glimpse for you my New Yorker friend . . .

http://www.riodejaneiro-turismo.com.br/pt/

on top right you got a link for the english version (dont know why it's not leading direct . . .)

Russ said:
That clone is interesting,.... very interesting...

Yeah Russ, dont you think?? he told me he dont know anyone that already has done one, he also said it was one hell of a job to get everything set up, especially some tricky relays switching . . .but he's a very skilled and interested guy . . . actually he was the manager of the team that was responsible for the reissue of a Brazilian famous tube amp from the 60's, he really knows his thing. 8)

I think it would be cool to show up with some no name amp and blow people away. I mean it is a Mark IV clone but in it's current form it only slightly resembles one in the controls.

yeah Russ, i understand what you mean . . . i specially liked the white chicken head knobs and the eq's knobs and design, and the swithces for shift the frequencies instead of pull knobs.

heres a link for a JCM 800 that he made . . .(if the link dont link you direct to the amp, just click in "amplificadores" on the left and you should see some of the amps he made.

http://www.pedrone.com.br/

Back