Mark IV Clone - PICS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw you can't link us into your hotmail account or your hotmail inbox. just a heads up.

adam02 said:
btw you can't link us into your hotmail account or your hotmail inbox. just a heads up.

yeah, just now i realized that the link he gave me open direct on my hotmail account :oops:

im trying to post it at photobucket, but the firewall here at work isnt allowing me to do so, maybe i have to do that at home at night . . . :?

Here you are:

markiv2gw1.jpg

For a large pic.

Looks good.

How much does it cost you?

Aart said:
Here you are:

[Looks good.

How much does it cost you?

yeah, ive think it's pretty good too.

actually this isnt for me, he just send me to check her out, ive already asked how much will be one of those babies, but he didnt replied me yet . . . but im guessing around 800-1000usd.

ive especially liked the white chicken head knobs, sweet! 8)

900 - 1000 USD??!??!?!?!?!?!?!

can you give me his phone number. sign me up. I want one.

I'm serious man. If hes only charging like 800-1000 USD for it, maybe I can get you to have him make one and ship it to me in the US

Looks real cool but you guys do realize that Uncle Mesa could have some issues with copyright infringement! I'm sure there have been lots of mesa clones made but to reproduce them commercially is just a bit ah shall we say .............. tricky.

Restless Rocks said:
Looks real cool but you guys do realize that Uncle Mesa could have some issues with copyright infringement! I'm sure there have been lots of mesa clones made but to reproduce them commercially is just a bit ah shall we say .............. tricky.

+1

commercially producing them for mass production is copyright infringement.

I don't think he is mass producing these per se. seems like he is just making 1. and its by request of a customer

There is no copyright on the amp or registered trademark.
The amps name is the mark ( Le Marc) by Pedrone, not MK IV by Mesa Boogie. The term Mark is not a registered trademark by Mesa, because they were not the first and only to use it. Hell, I've seen it on vans. Since there is no use of Mesa, Boogie or Simul-Class it's fine.
If there were a patent, it has expired anyway, but Mesa does own a trademark on the term Simul-Class. All the old Simul and Cascading gain patents have expired.

Le Marc?owns a website o e-mail adress? I would love to get in contact whit him.. He do this in the USA?

Boogiebabies said:
There is no copyright on the amp or registered trademark.
The amps name is the mark ( Le Marc) by Pedrone, not MK IV by Mesa Boogie. The term Mark is not a registered trademark by Mesa, because they were not the first and only to use it. Hell, I've seen it on vans. Since there is no use of Mesa, Boogie or Simul-Class it's fine.
If there were a patent, it has expired anyway, but Mesa does own a trademark on the term Simul-Class. All the old Simul and Cascading gain patents have expired.

OK, didn't know that.

Thinking it was from 89 +20 years I thought it would expire in 2009...

But it was patented before then I guess.

correct me if I'm wrong, but simul class came into being with the mark II yea? so thats what, 80? 81? somewhere around there. so the patent on simul class has since expired. the PCB may be copyrighted, but I am guessing that this guy is wiring the whole thing PTP, so that gets around that issue

Back