Mark IV Clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koreldyre

Reaction score
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=147856

Hi all, I'm a longtime Mesa user but new to these boards, check out the link to a bunch of Mark IV clips (no they're not me).

Man, these clips are really REALLY great!

Any settings from these clips?

Holly craps man! sweet tones! Ididnt imagine the mark could go that heavey. Are the cleans also mark?

Hate to burst your bubbles, guys, but Apathy wasn't Mark IV at all. I'm friends with Zorran and "Mister Boyd" as he called him.

That track was all JB -> Maxon OD808 -> Peavey XXX -> Mesa 4x12 traditional -> 57.

Talk about a FREAKING versatile AMP You made the mark IV tones knock your head against the bathroom sink... rock!
I play blues through mine,
world of difference, sonic wall...definitely

DSS3 said:
Hate to burst your bubbles, guys, but Apathy wasn't Mark IV at all. I'm friends with Zorran and "Mister Boyd" as he called him.

That track was all JB -> Maxon OD808 -> Peavey XXX -> Mesa 4x12 traditional -> 57.

Is it safe to say the rest of the tracks are all Mark IV?

Who cares if Apathy wasn't a Mark IV the rest are! Zorran sent me an email with some settings for his tones I just need a guitar that can tune to Drop C and bam! got me self a Zorran sound! Sounds kick ***!

fpoon said:
Who cares if Apathy wasn't a Mark IV the rest are! Zorran sent me an email with some settings for his tones I just need a guitar that can tune to Drop C and bam! got me self a Zorran sound! Sounds kick ***!

Is he OK with you sharing those settings? I'd love to have that sound!

KoolAIDMan said:
fpoon said:

Is he OK with you sharing those settings? I'd love to have that sound!

I don't know man I'll think about :) but I messed around with them a bit and man it sounds so kick *** now. Mess around with the GEQ starting from the Classic V they give in the manual and then go from there trust me.

please share those settings. i love the tone.

dss3, are you from the andysneap.com forum?

i thought that apathy sounded nothing like a mark iv, no matter what kind of pedals or whatever are used.

that palmer speaker emulator sounds really good on the first clip of the mark iv. any comments on that?

man i REALLY dig this Mark IV sound!! now i really want to get one haha

1767 views, 13 replies hurray?

I'll have a Zorran type sound posted soon :wink:

i remember hearing that one g-major clip a couple years ago, and that riff is still in my head very often. two years on, it's still one of the best clips i've heard posted on any forum. very well done.

Clips sound very nice. But can't you guys come up with your own tones? heh. I would much rather sit and tweak and come up with something myself than just copy someone else.

True, after trying out the Mark IV settings in the Tone Settings section when I first got my Mesa, I realized I needed to come up with my own settings since they were so bad lol. Although it doesn't hurt for sometime's settings to give you a clue on how to get a kick *** tone if they know what they're doing.

I found Zorran posting his settings on harmony central a couple years ago. I have the site saved to my favourites so I'll post it for you guys later.

Latest posts

Back