Mark IV blown fuse and footswitch problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

factorevif

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a Mark IV off ebay last week. It is a fairly new B version in good condition, dont know the year though. Tonight at band practice was the first time i've really played it through a good cab, and it sounded good, but it blew a fuse for some strange reason during the set. I replaced the fuse with the one from my Dual Rectifier and kept playing. Well a few minutes later my footswitch goes out and won't switch channels during a song for about 20 seconds. After we stopped the song it started working again and for the rest of practice the amp was fine. Hopefully it was just a fluke, but I don't know, I'll try it again at practice Thursday night.

I was running the amp in Class A and triode at the time it blew the fuse. The power amp has Mesa STR 420 6l6s and the preamp has a Mesa 12ax7 in v1 and JJ the rest of the slots. After the fuse blew I switched to Simulclass and Pentode and it worked fine. Has anyone else has this happen to them>

The tubes were old in the amp, after I replaced the tubes and sprayed contact cleaner on the pedalboard, everything has worked fine since

Latest posts

Back