Mark IIIC+ Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reo73

Reaction score
Here is a clip I made of my Mark III (C+ Mod) that highlights the crunch. Clip is the beginning part of Pull Me Under with the backing track.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=24013

BTW...This is my first attempt at home recording so I hope it sounds OK.

Holy **** that sounds great. Even through my laptop speakers. You say this is the first time you've recorded at home? What setup are you using?

You know, this is a perfect example of how playing style affects the sound and tone. Great work!
When you say it "highlights the crunch", are you saying that that wasn't on the lead mode? I'd like to dial in my channel R2 of the Quad to sound like that.

It was the lead channel, what I meant by crunch was that there is no single note lead playing. Actually, I should do a R2 recording just like this because I can get some massive tone out of that channel as well.

I recorded it into a Fostex 8-track machine using an SM57. The lead channel is double tracked pan slightly left and right. Cab is a 2x12 with one Weber blue dog and one silver bell and if you pan the playback you can hear the difference a bit. Also, the lead tone is delayed by 7ms to give it a fuller sound.

Cool. How do you like those speakers?

When you say you can hear the difference when you pan, you mean you doubletracked the recording?

phyrexia said:
Cool. How do you like those speakers?

When you say you can hear the difference when you pan, you mean you doubletracked the recording?

The speaker are great, they have a really chuncky full sound to them.

There are two tracks of the lead channel with each of my speakers being recorded on one of the tracks. The tracks are split about 75% L & R. If you pan the playback the right side is thicker and the left has more high end.

Neat. I'm listening with headphones now.

Hey, check your PMs Reo.

Yeah I can hear the difference between the speakers. I like the mix too though.

Back