Mark III vs Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you're aware that none of that piffle is "true", inasmuch as any opinion is more "true" than another.
When someone can gets, oh, say, 10 examples of the same model (Simul, reverb, etc.) of each stripe, uses the same tubes and the same speakers and the same settings in each one and A/B/C/D/E's (etc.) them blindfolded, and can consistently tell the difference, then will I believe.
It's all myth, and that's my opinion.
Hey, this could be a job for "Myth Busters"!

Gents,

I've recently been evaluating both a MK III B.S. and a MK IV. My main idea initially was to purchase a lead amp. I'm really happy with the rhythm i'm getting from m Bad Cat Cub II. However i hate stacking pedals in front for a lead sound, which will always be chocked and horrid anyway. So I thought of going on to a two amp setup: Bad Cat for rhythm and Mesa for leads.

I bought the MK III and was really surprised. I liked all the sounds I was getting from it, including R2. So then my friend had a MK IV for sale so I decided to try that out because of it's Boogie sound and ultimate versatility.

Now I'm in a bit of s*it really. I could use the two amp setup or just boogie with the MKIV for all my stuff. I got to tell you I think i'm going for the latter. But I really lke the MK III sound too... I'd like to keep it too...

The MK III is much more raw compared to the MKIV which is super smooth. The MKIII is aggressive and in your face. Sits in a mix really nice. But the MKIV is super versatile and giggable, the assignable loop is a dream. The sound is easier on the ears too. I get real ear fatigue from the MKIII.

Hope this helps...

Latest posts

Back