Mark III, R2, Tools

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpm91

Reaction score
Check, Check, and Check, but no soldering skills. Is there anyone in the Philly area that could give me a hand one of these nights? From the reading I've done of threads on the R2 mod, it looks like I could wire it to the direct out or the reverb pot.

If there is anyone available, I'd much appreciate it. I'd also like to mod a 3-button footswitch I have so that it doesn't share a ground... at the moment, if I hook it up to the Lead and R2, it craps out. From answers I received, it is a ground issue with the pedal.

Hi bpm,

What kind of footswitch are you looking for (to do what?). I have one of Voodooman's 2-button footswitches for the
1) Lead Channel on/off, and the
2) R1/R2 that I was thinking of listing on the classifieds

Check out voodooman's stuff: top notch and does exactly what it's billed to do. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Edward

edward said:
Hi bpm,

What kind of footswitch are you looking for (to do what?). I have one of Voodooman's 2-button footswitches for the
1) Lead Channel on/off, and the
2) R1/R2 that I was thinking of listing on the classifieds

Check out voodooman's stuff: top notch and does exactly what it's billed to do. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Edward

Hey Edward, I already have a footswitch. It just needs to be adjusted here and there.

psychodave said:
R2 volume mod? If so come on over and I can do it for ya....

Hey Dave, I may have to take that offer up soon... Hopefully no large metal objects fly into your place with all those speaker magnets.

bpm91 said:
psychodave said:
R2 volume mod? If so come on over and I can do it for ya....

Hey Dave, I may have to take that offer up soon... Hopefully no large metal objects fly into your place with all those speaker magnets.

It is a very easy mod. I did it to my Mark III in a few minutes. I think it took longer to take out and put back the amp in the head shell than it did to do the actual mod.

Does the R2 Volume mod allow for R2 to get louder or is it just a passive pot put into the signal?

if anyone has a "picture" step-by-step of this ... i'd love to see it. I'm not a solderer, but if it is really simple, i'll give it a go - i've soldered guitar wires successfully.

or if you're in the South Louisiana area ... we can talk about it.

Nomad said:
Does the R2 Volume mod allow for R2 to get louder or is it just a passive pot put into the signal?

Hey Greg,

Passive. Most have found that R2 is louder than the R1. So a simple pot in line and bammo ...you can now attenuate the R2 just a bit to match the R1 volume to your liking. I did mine in minutes, and it's worth doing if you like using your R2. Those who dislike R2 don't bother :)

Edward

The R2 mod is .. like , pork chop's at midnight . Huhhahah ha .. drool .

You never know how good it get's , until you try it .

:D

edward said:
Nomad said:

Hey Greg,

Passive. Most have found that R2 is louder than the R1. So a simple pot in line and bammo ...you can now attenuate the R2 just a bit to match the R1 volume to your liking. I did mine in minutes, and it's worth doing if you like using your R2. Those who dislike R2 don't bother :)

Edward

Hmm I dont think it would help mine then. My R2 is too low in volume when I switch to it.

Latest posts

Back