Mark III pops

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Dickenson

Reaction score
I initially posted this in the newer Boogies, sorry. my 86 mark III pops when the "lead drive" is push/pulled. I know I need to replace all my power tubes, but will that do the trick? Any help would be great.

If it just pops when you push/pull that knob, its probably the pot, open 'er up and use some contact cleaner + lube. I had popping issues when I bought my III off eBay, but this was popping all of the time, and new power tubes fixed that problem.

You dont need to get the cleaner from Mesa,any contact cleaner will do.Radio Shack has one that has no lubricant,and comes with a brush attachment that is very useful.I prefer the type with out the lubricant,.the residue left tends to attract and hold dirt.

Caig makes a very good set of contact/fader cleaners. I used the Deoxit Gold with good sucess. It worked when the Radio Shack product did not. The link to their site is

http://www.caig.com/

I am not affiliated with Caig in anyway. Just a happy customer.

Gary

I almost forogt, Endust makes a good one too but it doesn't have a brush on the end of the tube and the tube is more like a WD-40 straw not fat like a soda straw size in the case of the Radioshack tube.

I have a can of one of the Caig cleaners and wasnt impressed with the way it cleans tube pins and sockets.Over rated and over priced.Leaves a film although it claims not to have any lubricant.Just my experience,I know a lot of peaople swear by it,so I guess its okay but I like the Radio Shack brand,that dries with no lubricant,and the brush works great on the tube pins.

Hey I just wanted to congratulate all of you who work on their own amps for graduating from microbiology/electronical engineering.. I opened my amp up and said F-this and put it back together. I'm off to get new tubes. thanks

:) Ryan

Back