MarK III love

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuzerneigm

Reaction score
I just wanted to say other than my wife this 89 Greenstrip Mark III is the second love of my life. It's absolutely amazing in every way. So versatile with pristine cleans and then the crunch and lead tones are the best most "real" high gain tone I've ever experienced. A true classic!! If a II C+ is better than this I just couldn't even stand it. Rectifiers sound goofy now that I've been enlightened.

Just an amazing amp. I too can't imagine a C+ being better just different. I would love to A/B the III and IIC+

Anyone here ever try?

I have a bluestripe, shorthead 60 watter that I love. It sounds amazing too. I had it in to Mesa Boogie for a check up and almost had the C+ mod done but decided to leave it alone. MKIII sounds great on it's own. Never tried a greenstripe. Is the tone much different between a 60 watt version and the 100 watt versions? The Mark series amps are aweseome.

This my first Mark period so I couldn't tell ya the difference. The local GC has an 80's halfback for 500.00. How do these sound and is this a good price. The top speakers are black shadows. What should the bottoms be, EV's?

I have a greenstripe rackmount head hooked up to a Vader 2x12 and it sounds absolutely mindblowing. Crushing metal tones are natral to this thing. One of the best gear related purchases I've ever made.

The local GC has an 80's halfback for 500.00. How do these sound and is this a good price. The top speakers are black shadows. What should the bottoms be, EV's?

Ideally, yes, the bottom speakers should be EV's.

I run my 6/90 Long chassis through a G-Flex 2X12. With EMG 89's on my Luke's I get this Vito Bratta tone where it's fat, dripping and the harmonics bounce all over the place. It's truly an amazing amp. I think I paid $ 490 including tax at the local GC. To me it's priceless.

Latest posts

Back