Mark V 25 Cab Clone Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD VREDEVOOGD

Reaction score
I've got the 1x10 Mark V 25, and the thing is just killer in almost all ways. Love the tone in real life. However, the Cab Clone seems to not be working. The amp sounds absolutely terrible and "untrue" through headphones. This happens when I use an XLR from the amp into a board (using in-ears), and when I plug headphones directly into the 1/4 jack at home. Headphones off: amp sounds absolutely amazing, as it should. Headphones on: amp sounds like garbage. Not at all how it sounds in real life. It's super hissy, and overly compressed. The Cab Clone sound is unaffected by any switches nearby - the Cab Open/Close Cab, etc. It's just bad, all around.
The thing is, the first time my band rehearsed and played a gig with in-ears, the amp sounded perfect. For some reason, the sound has gone terrible, and we can't figure out why. Any ideas or suggestions from the Brain Trust?

I am not a fan of the cab clone on the V:25 when the speaker is off for silent headphone playing. Even Mesa recommends adding a delay or something in the loop to make is sound less crappy (they word it differently, but that's what they mean). When the speaker is on the cab clone is going to a board for FOH or "in ears" or whatever the sound is perfectly fine to me. If I use the cab clone for recording I always crank the amp and put it in a different room and run an XLR to my computer. With the speaker off it just doesn't sound very good to me. It is a passive type of circuit and needs the reactive speaker load to sound good. At least, that's my $0.02.

Latest posts

Back