Mark III Green Stripe Simulclass Combo Fair Price?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
There is one for sale in my area for $700 in what appears to be good condition with reverb and the foot switch. The speaker is a JBL E-120. What do you think a fair price for the amp is assuming everything is in good working order and fair cosmetic condition?

Uh, i think HOLY **** GRAB IT RIGHT NOW BEFORE SOMEBODY ELSE DOES is a fair price for that.

+1 Buy it now!

I hesitated on a Loaded Green Stripe Combo earier this year. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.

It was on CL for $850 (which was a great price). I went to check it out, I liked the amp, but I really wanted a Mark IV. As I was leaving, the guy told me he had lost his job and really needed the cash. He offered it to me for $650!!! if I paid him cash on the spot. I told him I would get back to him tomorrow. I called him the next morning and it was gone. I'm an idiot. :?

+1 hell yes, that's a really good price.

However, as far as I know the JBL speaker was never stock so the amp may have had other mods done. Don't commit till you play it.

scottieL said:
If I lived in Dallas I probably have scooped u by now :lol:
Unfortunately for me someone else already told the guy he'd buy it today. I told the seller I could come by yesterday but he didn't get off work until late into the night and committed to seller to the first buyer. If it falls through though and I get it I'll have to let you know.

Sorry MJ that was me. I beat you to the punch by one day. I bought it. It needed a treble push pull pot replaced and the cabinet had some scuffs and a few bruises but overall great shape. The chassis was clean, no rust on the transformer. Said he just replaced the tubes.
That JBL has to go though. Sounds like *** on the gain channel. Brittle doesn't describe the tin can sound. Awful. Cleans were fine though.

DaveP said:
Sorry MJ that was me. I beat you to the punch by one day. I bought it. It needed a treble push pull pot replaced and the cabinet had some scuffs and a few bruises but overall great shape. The chassis was clean, no rust on the transformer. Said he just replaced the tubes.
That JBL has to go though. Sounds like *** on the gain channel. Brittle doesn't describe the tin can sound. Awful. Cleans were fine though.

I'm glad a fellow board member got it. Small world. I didn't need the amp, it was a want. It's those wants that get me in trouble sometimes lol. I just bought a guitar I didn't really need but I was able to justify it to myself anyway.

I didn't really need it either, I figure for this price it was a nice backup amp. i was able to get him down in price to. Bonus. :D

Latest posts

Back