Mark IIC+ with two power tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPM

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bid on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7363611815&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

I've never heard of one (I'm somewhat new to the Boogie thing) with just two power tubes...I thought all the Mark series had 4. Any info/thoughts on this amp would be appreciated...mainly I'm wondering how many watts it is...I'm guessing 50? Anyway, thanks in advance.

Tom in L.A.

It's a 60 watter. I have a IIC+ 60 watt head with reverb. I can't read the serial number, but it appears to be 4 digits. That would be long before a IIC. You may want to verify what the serial number is. Also you should ask it he has any paper work from Mesa concerning the work that was done.

Thanks for the reply. He's got a close-up of the serial number and it clearly shows 12588. And yeah, I'll ask him if he's got any paper work to see what was done. Thanks again.

Tom

GUH !!!! A 60 watter with no EQ or Reverb. It seems a little early to have the Pull Deep faceplate, but it does fit the sequencing. It's got the dinky PT and OT too. I dont think you will get the metal Mojo if that is what you seek. Everyone wants to state that " These amps sound like Metallica and Dream Theater and usually sell for $ 2500.00". Thats BS. You need either a Simul-EQ or a 60/100 with the EQ. Other than that you wont be happy unless your a big Santana fan. It may sound quite good with a Boss GE-7 in the loop though.

Just my opinion....

Thanks for the reply Boogiebabies...actually, I'm not a big metal fan, so that won't be a problem. I've got a Studio Series right now and I'm having a blast with it (even though I still can't figure out my volume drop problem)...I'm new to these Boogies, and I'm totally digging tweeking the knobs, fiding that perfect balance between the master and the volume, etc. Anyway, I've heard so much about the IIC+, this just sounded like a good deal...even without the EQ, etc., I'm assuming it should still sound pretty kick ***. Thanks again for the info, we'll see what happens!

Tom in L.A.

Back