Mark IIC to IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Adjuster

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum. I just purchased a used Boogie mark IIc serial # 11534, its the 60 watt version, no EQ or reverb, EVM speaker, and I was wondering if it would worth the effort to convert it to the IIC+ version? I play mostly metal, hard rock stuff. Does Mesa still offer this mod?

Thanks for the help

Allen

Mesa still offers the C+ mod. You should call Mesa and talk to Mike Bendinelli. The mod alone is $275(I'm having one done with a real close serial number to yours). Mine sounded like crap because someone tried to do the + mod without complete knowledge of the circuits.

If you like the sound of the amp, then the + mod might be a waste. You should really call Mesa and talk to Mike. He's a great guy and will gladly talk about your amp with you in depth.

MB refers to these amps as C minuses, as they were the reason he dicked with the circuit to create the C+. Alot of people with the C's were asking them to be changed to B's before the C+ was added. IMO, if I had one of these, I would definitely have it upgraded. But hey...that's me.

They should change his title to "Chief C+ Tech." I think he spends the majority of his day working and talking on the phone about them. Not a cooler guy in the industry.

I think he gets a little tired of it though. One time he told me he gets paid to do solder joints all day, as if he wanted to do something else with his time there, like build that sick looking custom amp he did for someone here!

Latest posts

Back