Mark IIB Coli Pricing question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
There is a neat looking Coli on Ebay right now that I might go to the ends of the earth to get.

It has graphic EQ and a little tolex damage but to my eyes it looks pretty good.

I have 2 questions, one is the auction is starting at $1900. How high would something like this go for?

And secondly, what kind of difference in tone can I expect from my Blue Stripe?

I know the obvious response is, "What kind of idiot is prepared to overbid for something and he doesn't even know what it sounds like?"

Well it would kind of be from a collector standpoint. I understand that Iommi used this on Live Evil, and this album had a huge impact on me and along with Dio's passing it would mean a lot to me to nail this amp. Also, I am in love with Sykes' Whitesnake tone which I have nailed pretty good on my Blue Stripe III but if I'm not mistaken I think he used the Coli as well. Anyway, enough of my yakkin'. . .

I'm assuming this is Mark IIB 300 Series Coliseum

What do you plan to do with this thing besides knock birds from the sky?

I have one. I can't tell you what it's today's market value but its the loudest or one of the loudest amp out there.

Check it has the original Sylvania 6L6 Tubes. A sextet of STR415 alone may cost $400! Another almost mandatory modification, Mike Benedelli (M/B head chief technician [?]) does a modification with the reverb and effect loop circuitry to improve its reverb tone. Even you don't use the effect loop this mod. will improve the reverb and you get another knob in the back as a limiter.

I like it a lot. I'm not your average hi-gain MESA freak, I prefer some overdrive, not saturated overdrive --My Dual Rectifier will give me that saturated overdrive-- this Mark IIB will give me this overdrive tone. Use the graphic to tailor your tone.

Latest posts

Back