Mark 4a 4 cable method

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyk

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a mark 4a and I have been trying to set up my Line 6 Pod X3 Live using 4 cable method but having a lot of probs..
There is a lot of hiss and the rythm 2 and lead channels sound awful using the method
I was wondering if i am wasting my time because maybe the amp isn't compatible with this method.
I play in a cover band and although the crunch and lead channels are amazing on the boogie I need a lot of different sounds for different songs etc and that sometimess includes different ditortions from the Line 6 etc
Any help/advice would be very appreciated
Davy

I had a similar issue a few years ago were I wanted to use a couple of sounds from a pod2 with a mark4, in front of the amp it sounded terrible. My solution was to put a y splitter between guitar and amp sending one split to the amp input and the other to the pod input, the pod output went to the switchable effects loop return on the mark 4 ( I wasnt using the effects loop for anything at this time). With the loop switched off it was straight mark 4 no pod, with the effects loop on the pod was acting as the preamp instead of the mark 4. This worked well and just allowed me to use a few more sounds making the setup more versatile. Don't use it any more but it did work fine. Don't know anything about the X3 but I imagine the same setup would work.

Back