mark 4 volume pots?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
just ordered 2 new master volume pots for my mark 4.i broke the stems off at a recent gig.does anyone know how hard these are to replace.thanks for any info.

According to my tech, it's not a pleasant job. Six of the pots on my Mark IV's lower row of controls have broken shafts (I bought it that way). I thought I might fix them, as I'm thinking of selling and thought it would be nice to fix them for the new owner. However, the tech didn't really feel comfortable doing the change for me; something about the circuit board leaving very little room, maybe? Anyway, he said he would try it if I really wanted, but I didn't want to push it.

I called Mesa service, and the guy I spoke to laughed a little at my story. :p He allowed that it was a bit tricky; I think he said that the board would need to be removed (?), but that their service centers should be able to do it with no problem.

I'm not comfortable rooting around inside a tube amp (I'll stick to making cables and wiring guitars!), so I'm leaving it as is for now. I'm sure someone here who is more competent/adventurous has done this before; hopefully, they'll chime in and give you more specific information.

billyg121 said:
just ordered 2 new master volume pots for my mark 4.i broke the stems off at a recent gig.does anyone know how hard these are to replace.thanks for any info.

I don't think the Master volume is all that bad but the channel volumes, thats a different story, depending on your skill level you might want to pay someone else to do it. In my case i would be paying someone! Skill level not that good and I'm not that daring. If memory serves me correct (IF) almost everything has to come or be loosened up.

wow!not exactly what i wanted to hear.i already ordered the parts.maybe i will crack it open and take a look.thanks for any additional info. :)

Just to give you an idea see where the pencil goes? The channel volumes are way down there.

P6180471.jpg

P6180474.jpg

oh ****!thanks for the pics.so you need to reemove the entire board by the pots?

billyg121 said:
oh ****!thanks for the pics.so you need to reemove the entire board by the pots?

Yeah does not look like fun! cant even see the volume pots in the pic. At the least you have to start with removing the presence controls.

if i go through with this...i might come up with some kind of contraption that would guard the knobs when the cover is on.i really dont want to fork out the jack for a nice road case.

Latest posts

Back