Mark 4 and ebmm jp6

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normandk7

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm the new owner of a jp6 music man and i just tried it a bit with my boogie mark 4.
It's has a lot more high's than my Godin (It's like a strat).
To you who are using a jp6, are you going with the 6l6 or with the el34????
And are you going triode or penthode????
For me, with the el34, the clean sound was really not there. It's better with the 6l6.
I can tell you that i will have to go for new settings cause it's really not the same sound as my others guitars.
I have some practice with the band on weekend and i can't wait to hear the difference.
If there is something i should know about jp6 and mark 4, feel free to feed me.
Thanks,
Normand.

normandk7 said:
Hi everybody,
I'm the new owner of a jp6 music man and i just tried it a bit with my boogie mark 4.
It's has a lot more high's than my Godin (It's like a strat).
To you who are using a jp6, are you going with the 6l6 or with the el34????
And are you going triode or penthode????
For me, with the el34, the clean sound was really not there. It's better with the 6l6.
I can tell you that i will have to go for new settings cause it's really not the same sound as my others guitars.
I have some practice with the band on weekend and i can't wait to hear the difference.
If there is something i should know about jp6 and mark 4, feel free to feed me.
Thanks,
Normand.

i play a BFR JP6, and i run all 6l6, most ppl agree all 6l6 has better clean then with el34s..i run simul class / triode, however any configuration i use sounds good with a bit of tweaking..this is my lead channel (set up for solos etc) gain 7 pulled, treble 8, bass 1, mid 5, drive 7 in, presence 0.5 in, graphic EQ to your personal tastes...use your manual man its a great place to start for anything..it gives you tips on all channels, and is definitely a great resource..mesa makes the most accurate and comprehensive manuals ever...they really, really know their own amps.

Thanks,
I have a good knowledge of the mark 4 but it is so different with my new jp6.
I will surely try your lead setting. I was use to run my mids more in the 8 region...
and always go for class A. Lets go for a little change.
Normand.

Latest posts

Back