LSS & line out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGM

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can run out of an LSS and straight into a board? I'm thinking not. I need to do this to control the stage volume. The mic's are feeding back in small clubs, I can use the clubster ( it has a line out ) along w/ the V 6 but I like the mix of the LSS w/the V 6. I've got my sig sound ya know .......any help out there?....Thanks guys....

You would lose your sig sound trying to line out through the loop or the slave out. You could turn down, mic it and turn down, attenuate it and mic it and turn down, use a shield(s), grapic EQ for the house to kill the feedback. There is so many variables involved, but turning down is the obvious.

I think the the problem is the bass is bouncing off the glass window behind us, and into the back of my amp, and straight into the 57 mic in my LSS. A shield might work. I teach at a music store and another teacher said I could put the mic in the back of the amp, positioned at the speaker, away from the direction of the bounce. You"re right, I shouldn't have to give up my tone because the drummer is too loud ( my opinion). I'll know this weekend.......

Ah, thats one of the variables, drummer to loud. Well, I personally don't like hearing a drum as the dominant instrument in the mix, and thats a law of nature or standardized mixing. Basically you got to remind him of this. The final mix is for the audience, not for the band or drummer. How is the bass blowing up your tail pipe. :evil: What... is his amp turned around backwards, beaming off the back wall (window?) and back out again? :shock: Miking from the back will get a bassy sound. A shield in the back could block some of that bass relection off the window(?).

You guys must be loud. Most bands have to be reminded every couple of weeks or so to turn down. Usually by the club owner or a diminishing crowd. The mics feeding back reveal the bands limit in a given venue. Vocals come first in the mix. Assuming you have vocals.

If I have a chance to work with the mixing guy before hand, a graphic EQ(they all have one) is a wonderful tool for killing feedback. Oh, if you are the sound guy(the dude with the PA) then you gotta do th EQ thang. I play a weekly gig. Before I started this gig and was being line up to do it, I pretty much demanded a 31 band EQ for the PA. I also have my own, with my PA.

I am the band leader, and understanding, fixing and controlling the overall mix is very important. Dealing with the guys can sometimes be difficult, but they're in it for the same reasons, to put out a quality product. And that sometimes requires a witness or 2, to support the basic mix necessities ie: vocal over everything, guitar next, bass & drums last. Just like listening to a CD. :D

We're not really that loud. No one has ever asked us to turn down. We have done a lot of outdoor venues ( bike rallys ), so we actually had no problem w/ volume. It all started with trying to get the drummer to lighten up a little. He has a hard time with a light touch.
The indoor place we're playing semi reg has a small stage, concave ( angled in ) , short cieling W/window behind the stage. I have to turn up to hear myself over the drums. I think the bass is just bouncing around and entering the back of the LSS and going into the mic. Actually , it only happened to the LSS and not the Rivera. They sit next to each other in stands. . I'm going to try placing a large piece of cardboard behind my amps this weekend and see if that helps. Then I'm going to get on the drummer and try to get him to buy some clear screens. We're trying to back the stage volume down to a decent level. It only bothers the bass player and me. We want good dynamics. The singer doesn't care ( He's young ,30)and the drummer likes it loud. The bass man is really good and has always run the sound ( 30 yrs exp). I guess it's typical band politics...
I really appreciate the input. I run two amps all the time for various reasons, but I can't give up my tone. I've had lots of good feed back ( verbal) on just that. Thanks..CGM

sounds like your working it out. Sorry for the rant. I'm a stickler for a good mix.

Slave -->

367898.jpg

--> Board

Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back