LSS fuse problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnivore

Reaction score
Picked up my new used LSS in mint condition last night and am having problems after 1st 15 minutes of play. so far I have blown 2 fuzes and am done until I buy more tomorrow. Any of you have any problems with these LSS amps. Man this is frustrating as hell. I haven't even gotten to crank it loud yet.

The ONLY probem I have had with this wonderfull amp is with the rectifier tube-5Y3.

Have you looked at the power tubes with the amp on, at full volume? You may have an arcing power tube.

Of course, it could be the 5Y3 truing to die as well. MY amp has gone through two of these.

When my tube went out the fuse blew could it be that one of your tubes is bad?

it was the 5Y3. Is there a trend on these going out? Man I have had a lot of amps but this LSS really is fun to play. Must be that I am morefing into middle age but this is an amp I probably would not have given a second chance 10 years ago but I am really digging it.

twally said:
The ONLY probem I have had with this wonderfull amp is with the rectifier tube-5Y3.

I don't know much about rectifier tube so can you let us know what you don't like about the 5y3 ?

It's not that I don't like them, they aren't reliable. I had two go bad in about 4 weeks. I am currently using a NOS Jan 5Y3.

Latest posts

Back