LSC w\EL34's last night, WOW!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie shoes

Reaction score
I played out with the EL34's in my LSC lastnight and wow it sounded fantastic!! the other guitar player in my band was drooling!! we both loved the clean and the dirty channel. he plays a marshall dsl 50 and we play classic hard rock. it was a perfect pairing the two guitars sounded better than ever together. I didnt sound exactly like his Marshall wich is a good thing, its not what I was looking for but the EL34's did impart thier magic on my tone. just wanted to let those of you who may be curiouse know.

of course, I can't imagine in my "boogie prejudiced" ears that most Marshalls can sound as nice as the LSC ... describe your settings, tone, and guitar setup ... inquiring minds want to know.

oh no, my boogie sounded better, he was so jealouse of the clean tone he swore that next time he was bringing his Mark III out.

I am using a strat, jb mini humbucker in the bridge and singles in middle and neck.
guitar straight in. I do use a boss GE7 eq in the loop. I pull the mid down just a hair, very subtle.

Channel 1. gain 11 oclock, treble 230 oclock, mid 9 oclock, bass 10 oclock. pres 10 oclock. on cleans I roll the volume back a tiny bit on the guitar, sounds beautiful.

Channel 2. Drive engaged, thick engaged, drive 12 oclock, gain 2 oclock, treble 3 oclock, mid 11 oclock, bass off and pres at 10 oclock 5ow rectofied normal power setting on the power switch.

Channel 2 with this set up but drive not engaged is a great tone too with the humbucker.

the EL34's made the amp distortion smother sounding with a bit more sparkle.
I was worried the cleans would suffer but they didnt. they are a tad brighter than with the 6l6s but it still sounds great. that amp is just a monster, I beleive that channel 2 is highly under rated.

Latest posts

Back