LSC reverb Problem in channel 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike82

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some advice. The reverb sounds great in channel 1 when playing clean. In channel 2, as soon as the sound gets slightly distorted the reverb sounds pretty awful and I have to set the reverb to 0. I can’t really explain it but it sounds harsh, noisy and not smooth at all, especially when playing lead with bends etc. Is it normal that the reverb sounds terrible when the sound gets overdriven or might there be a problem with the tubes or so?

Curious, do you use the FX loop, any pedals in it? Also does the bright/warm setting make any difference? The reverb is before the Fx loop.

I have used pedals but right now I bypassed the fx loop with no differences in sound. The bright/warm setting results in a tonal difference but apart from that the reverb sound doesn't improve in channel 2. The reverb sounds distorted/fizzy.

That is a bit of a head scratcher cause Ch 1 & Ch 2 are identical. So if you switch off the Drive and use the same settings on Ch2 as you have on Ch1 does the reverb sound the same? As you increase gain on Ch2 does that show the problem? I just wondering if the higher gain is causing the problem. If you don't have a spare 12ax7 I'd try swapping preamp tubes V4 (reverb) and V5 (inverter) to see if there is a change in behavior. That would perhaps take the tube out of the troubleshooting equation.

Latest posts

Back