Loving the sound of my Mark III rackmount... but

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyless7620

Reaction score
I have a clean setting on the amp which I really love, and a gain setting which is like freaking AMAZING. The problem is they are completely different settings. Now I'm trying to keep this rack unit around 8 spaces. the mark takes up 4 right away, and I was thinking of putting a small 2 space amp with my a g major and a power conditioner.

Then I thought,

Can I get the same exact sound from my Mark III out of a Quad Preamp with a Recto 2:100 or a 2:90? that would make it 5 spaces... with 3 spaces remaining to put a G major, power conditioner... and something else... anything with lots of lights :D haha

So would it? Or do I absolutely need the huge older 400 poweramps?

The Quad was designed to be matched up with the 395 power amp, but you can use it with any Mesa power amp and it should still sound good.

I have try my Quad with 2:90 and 295 ( my amp now..) and with the second channel of the Quad into the 295 i have the Mark III sound...no with the 2:90, but a good sound with it too...

bye

what if I slaved a studio preamp into the power section of the Mark and A/B switched both amps... would that work without affecting my sound?

Latest posts

Back