Loud Popping sound when changing channels by Footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allegron

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Mark Fivers. I'm sure this has come up before regarding channel switching pops by way of the footswitch. I bought a brand new V and right out of the box it exhibits the "pops", no matter what channel settings or wattage settings. It's an annoying thing. Before I call Mesa support, has anyone else found a solution to this or am I going to have to send something back to Petaluma? Just thinking it over before I make the call. I like the amp and am slowly breaking it in. I might dump the Celestion for an EVM 12l Classic, since I also have a Mark IV and am comfortable with its tone.(Evm 12L Black Shadow). Celestions have always sounded "tinney" to my ears. I like a little less brittle sound. Thanks for any replies. Ric.

sounds like a resistor issue with your footswitch ...might need replacing
don't hesitate..I'd say..call the mesa help line...!

It depends mainly on how the wattage switches are set on each channel.
If every channel is on 90 watts the pop will be less. If one channel is on 10 watts and another is on 90 watts the pop will be louder.

The only time mine pops is when I first turn it on and haven't switched channels. If I switch channels a couple of times before coming out of standby it clears up the problem silently.

It will also pop going into and out of 10w mode... so if one channel is on 45/90w and another channel is on 10w it'll pop when switching back and forth (mentioned in manual).

Back