Loose Power Cable....suggestions ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stompboxfreak72

Reaction score
Greetings all ! My 6 year old DR needs some help. The socket where you plug the power cord into on the back of the amp appears loose to me. Is there a way to tighten this up ?

I have never opened the amp up (anymore than the back plate to change power tubes ). I don'y want to fishing around in there if there is nothing that can be done anyway.

When I say "loose" I mean that the cable wiggles a lot when in place.

Suggestions ? Thank you!

stompboxfreak72 said:
Greetings all ! My 6 year old DR needs some help. The socket where you plug the power cord into on the back of the amp appears loose to me. Is there a way to tighten this up ?

I have never opened the amp up (anymore than the back plate to change power tubes ). I don'y want to fishing around in there if there is nothing that can be done anyway.

When I say "loose" I mean that the cable wiggles a lot when in place.

Suggestions ? Thank you!

Mine is sort of loose as well, more so than my Marshall. It came that way from the factory. I've never had it effect the power or come out during a show or anything, I just make sure I get the plug seated all the way and then it's fine.

-AJH

I tried my SR cable as well. It is definetly the jack. It has been this way for some time with no issues. I was just curious if there is anyway to change it .

Latest posts

Back