• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Like New Roadster Head ***SOLD***

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lockbody

Reaction score
Bought a Stiletto II this weekend, I couldn't help it. I played Marshalls for a long time before I got my first Mesa amp, and if you love "that" sound the Stiletto II delivers.

But the Roadster is a great amp, too. Probably one of Mesa's best ever. Wayyyy more than just a "Recto", although it'll do that in spades, the Roadster is graced with one of Mesa's best clean channels, a great crunch, and one of the best reverbs. I'll save the sales pitch, though, as a quick trip to Mesa website will give you much more info than I could ever type, plus these amps have been getting a lot of hype... and they deserve it :p it's a smoking amp.

Condition is like new and it has never left my non-smoking basement studio since I got it. Less than 40hrs playing time on it. Over 4 1/2 years of factory, transferable warranty left. As cherry as they come. Mesa authorized a tranny mod early on to increase tranny life and this one has had it done at a factory service center.

DSC03902-web.jpg

higher res pic available HERE

***SOLD***

I'll also throw in 4x SED =C= 6L6 with less than 10hrs on them.

My PM's work great and/or you can email me @ bob dot russom at gmail dot com

I've not sold too much on here, but have good references over on the Hamer Fan Club (and you guys that are over here can speak up, please!), and have 100% + fb as "foolishmusician" on evilbay.

*edited to sweeten pot*

Hey there, I am interested in this head, is it on ebay or what?

B-Day comin up im gonna see how my financial status is. What type of tones can you really get with this? I havent had a chance to try it out, main tones I am looking for are: Of Course Petrucci, Adam Jones (Lateralus) Van Halen (1st Album)

MysticTriad said:
Hey there, I am interested in this head, is it on ebay or what?

B-Day comin up im gonna see how my financial status is. What type of tones can you really get with this? I havent had a chance to try it out, main tones I am looking for are: Of Course Petrucci, Adam Jones (Lateralus) Van Halen (1st Album)

Not on ebay yet. Hoping to sell to the faithfull before I go to the 'bay. I'm not sure on a recto-style amp for VH, although I was surprised at how close I was able to get.

Just thought I'd chime in that Bob is a very good seller. I bought a pair of Thiele's from him recently on this board. Even though UPS destroyed one of them, he took care of the claim and all ended well. Items were well packed and as described. If I was in the market for a Roadster, I'd be all over this.

Good luck Bob and congrats on the Stilleto!

Price reduced to $1650 shipped and paypal'd in the CONUS.

*Not mentioned in the orig post, but no popping ever on this one after cycling through channels on standby.*

MS-12s in the bottom and Celestion G12-65 up top. I'd like to try some c90s in the bottom for that all-Celestion experience with my Stiletto. :D

lockbody said:
MS-12s in the bottom and Celestion G12-65 up top. I'd like to try some c90s in the bottom for that all-Celestion experience with my Stiletto. :D

Hey Bob, MC90's just plain kick @ss IMO...one of my favs. I actually really like the Eminence MS-12's, they're real throaty and tight in the lows and low mids.
EVM-12L's are actually my favorite for the closed bottom setup....200 watts a piece :shock: Talk about headroom ! I've owned two of these cabs before and they stomped.....great tone boxes.

I also dig the G12-65's, they're a nice middle ground....not too far off the tone response of V30's....nice. :wink:

Anyway, Congrats on the Stiletto score and good luck with selling your Roadster !!!!

somebody bought it. It must have be the FREE shipping :) I'm glad somebody got it because I was soooooooooooo tempted. I just didn't have the cash, and couldn't imagine it being better than my MKIV.

jerseydrew said:
somebody bought it. It must have be the FREE shipping :) I'm glad somebody got it because I was soooooooooooo tempted. I just didn't have the cash, and couldn't imagine it being better than my MKIV.

I can't figure out how to do that "Free shipping with 'Buy it now'". Is it an option somewhere?

I dunno. I liked the Roadster more than my Mk IV, and I had it for three years. I didn't particually care for the "tightness" of the clean channell, the reverb isn't very good, good clean vs good rhy2, etc, etc... Most of the common complaints I agree with.

Now if they made a RK or Roadster with the first two of a Rk/Roadster and the two channels the Stiletto II....?

I think I'd sell a whole bunch of stuff to buy that. :D

Back