Just read about the new RK series II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
It's got:
Improved Channel 1 & 2 now features CLEAN and FAT from our acclaimed Lone Star - our best clean ever - along with incredible new TWEED and BRIT modes. These two channels alone make a mighty amplifier.

And this makes me want to cry:
All New, All-Tube Reverb also from the Lone Star is deeper, more lush and ambient and sticks tighter to the notes. Reverb control now rides in each Channel Strip.

And it looks like Mesa listened to their players and changed the FX loops:
Improved Effects Loops are both Series for seamless interfacing of processing.

I'm gonna go cry now :cry:

I feel your pain brother. I just got a new Series 1 exactly a month and 2 days ago. I'm going to try to see if I can work something out with GC. That's really fucked up. The Lonestar cleans would make this amp even more amazing. And Lonestar reverb and improved effects loops. :(

Just called Boogie to see if an upgrade was going to be available to the series I owners and they said........No :cry: . I spoke to Michael Wolf and he said it's a different circuit board and design inside the amp. So, looks like we can be happy with what we have or start saving our $$ for the new series II model. I'm actually very happy with the cleans in my RK, but I could sure stand a better reverb like what was in my T-verb. I can't wait to hear one to see if I really want to upgrade. I may be happier with what I have and keep it "Old school". Who knows, the Series I RK's may be in the same category as the two channel dual's in a few years and be considered the "Holy Grail" of the RK's?

Ok, I'll quit kidding my self.....

tele_jas said:
Who knows, the Series I RK's may be in the same category as the two channel dual's in a few years and be considered the "Holy Grail" of the RK's?

Ok, I'll quit kidding my self.....

I doubt it tele_jas! The new Lonestar voicings make an already great amp a super amp. I think the cleans on the RK I have are pretty good but I would rather have the Lonestar voicing.

Yeah I want one, in a bad way!! But I hate the thought of shipping off another amp and playing the waiting game on a new one. We'll just play it by ear and see what happens.

I'm not sure when those Series II's are coming out though or how long it'll take to get one and that's my main amp right now.... But it's real tempting!! Let me check in to the availability of the series II and pricing and get back with you. I'll probably PM you later or when I find out anything more or if I can do that yet ...... and see if you're serious too :wink: .

PS, seen you over at HC :shock:

I almost wet my pants when i read this!!!

Does any one know what the latest run of RK's was. This run that they are suppossed to have done after the supplier issue was sorted.
I'm due one of those around febuary time and i hope to god it's the new II series!!!!!!

(Fingers currently crossed and prayers in progress as i type!!!!!)

Why is there no praying smiley? :roll:

Oh and where on Earth do you guys find this info, is one of you married to Randall?? :D

Boy those Mesa guys sure know how to pull on your heart strings, which is usually attached to your wallet! Nope. Must fight temptation!!!

OK, I just checked and got over it. The wallet is empty right now! :lol:

I can't wait to hear about it though from you lucky guys who end up getting one!

Man I must have this amp!!

I was considering it heavily and then today I check the page again and it's got LS tones and LS reverb? Consider me sold.

Just have to raise some capital and sell my dual rec :p

just talked to mr wolf at mesa boogie, he said the first run of the series II are shiping in about 3 weeks, and the price stays the same as the series I.
im gonna try & order one this weekend i hope. :lol:

I think they should try an hybrid kinda thing with 3-4 channels..clean, mark lead, recto crunch..That would be really really interesting...wouldn't it?
I'd get one in a blink of an eye...

Oh and where on Earth do you guys find this info, is one of you married to Randall??

The new changes are on the Mesa site. If you click on Road King, you'll see it on top. If you look at the guitar amp section, you'll see the new amps listed.

Back