Just picked up my '92 DR #602

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gear-Monkey said:
Boogiebabies said:
I'm sorry the truth hurts. I have no class and I have no character, but I will relax though knowing I am not the Don King of the Boogie Board.

And I'm sorry that I have no clue what you're talking about. I asked a simple question in regards to your comment. I'm not sure why you are being so defensive over it.

You suddenly brought in pre500s(?) road kings(?) and something about hurting my feelings because of the truth hurting or something another. I truly am lost. lol.

This is the Rev. E thread, right :?:

What is this ? English as a second language.
Read !!!. If you don't understand irony, that's fine. Bowl the next frame.

JimAnsell said:
what were some of the issues with the RK1?
my friend is all gung ho about finding one, so i should fill him in.

The first 508 had an arcing issue between a plate load and heater circuit.
The ones before 1800 had a transistor issue with the channel switching that when the amp heated up, you could not switch to channel 3 or 4. In all, it went through 4 revisions with the 4th being the most reliable. I had the RK 1 Rev. 4 and the RK II version 1. The II version 1 was a great amp and channel 1, 3 and 4 were awesome, but mine popped when switching channels, but this was not a problem with all RK II v1's. So, now I have the RKK II version 2 and it is pretty awesome on all 4 channels. The brit setting on channel 2 is the most improved and the cleans are phenominal.

do you have any info on the roadsters and any possible revisions on that?
doesn't it seem unfair to the consumer that boogie keeps revising their boards like that?
i mean i understand fixing issues, but if i bought rk I re1, and dropped 2500 on it or however much it cost, i'd be pissed!
get that stuff right before it leaves the factory, ya know?

It's the price we all pay for jumping on anything that hasn't been market tested for a period of time. It's like buying a brand new computer, and then a month later one that's 4 times as fast is released for half the cost. This is why I only buy used anymore.

Boogie fixed all issues under recalls free of charge. Even today if you purchased a used one and it hasnt been fixed yet, the issues would still be fixed under the recall for free.

If your friend is really interested, I have a good RK1 I will be selling in the head version, pm me if interested.

JimAnsell said:
doesn't it seem unfair to the consumer that boogie keeps revising their boards like that?
i mean i understand fixing issues, but if i bought rk I re1, and dropped 2500 on it or however much it cost, i'd be pissed!

JimAnsell said:
'

Oh yes, I know. The third times a charm. The Mesa ideology has always been to sell first, worry later. They do continually attempt to make a better product.

At least I know Mesa stands behind the product like no other company.

siggy14 said:
Boogie fixed all issues under recalls free of charge. Even today if you purchased a used one and it hasnt been fixed yet, the issues would still be fixed under the recall for free.

If your friend is really interested, I have a good RK1 I will be selling in the head version, pm me if interested.

JimAnsell said:

As long as it has the upgrades or is over 1800, it's bullet proof.

Boogiebabies said:
siggy14 said:

JimAnsell said:

is that on the roadster?
mine is 1970.
i'm actually getting a new one ordered for me from boogie because this one had some minor issues.
i worked them out on my own since, but i'm still gunna take the new one.

I am talking about the RK1, you said you had a friend looking for one. I have a very great sounding one that is actualy an artist issued one. I go back and forth with parting with it, but when it comes down to it I have to many amps and would rather keep my rackmount recto.

JimAnsell said:
Boogiebabies said:
siggy14 said:

is that on the roadster?
mine is 1970.
i'm actually getting a new one ordered for me from boogie because this one had some minor issues.
i worked them out on my own since, but i'm still gunna take the new one.

JimAnsell said:
Boogiebabies said:
siggy14 said:

is that on the roadster?
mine is 1970.
i worked them out on my own since, but i'm still gunna take the new one.[/quote

I have no inside scoop on the Roadster. It's kind of like buying a first model year car. The bugs are usually worked out by the second model year.

Hey Tim,

You had your #602 for awhile now... tell us what you think. Did you try the EL34s? Also I'm keeping track of all older DR's, would you mind posting your DR's info at my site? http://www.gear-monkey.com/forums/index.php?topic=166.0

Thanks,

Charlie

Latest posts

Back