Just have to lavish praise on my Mk lll

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogie Woogie Man

Reaction score
Did a gig last night and I was totally blown away by my sound, numerous members of the audience (which was a musicians re-union gig) commented on how great my sound was.
The hairs on my neck stood up from the moment I started and are still up just thinking about it.
I have had many Marshalls, Fenders and some Boogies over the years but this one just slays ! I used all 6L6's last night for a change and that's how it's going to stay from now on. Cleans were crystal, crunch was where I wanted it and the lead was enough to floor you.
I thought it as going to be a "pressure" night with so many good musicians there but the sound helped me float through it. Thank you Mesa Boogie.

That's awesome, dude. I had a III with an EV in it, and ****, that was one heavy sumbitch. I'm gassing for a III right now too. That's cool that you're at that point where all your channels are tuned in to how you want em in relation to each other for live switching.

I concur! My Simul Green head always rewards me with rich, glorious tone everytime I power up. Clean, mild crunch, saturated OD, she always delivers. A seriously mis-understood/maligned amp by many IMHO.

Edward

Just got one last night. This is my very first Mark III. Yipee!!

mesa_1.jpg

mesa_3.jpg

Yea!!! The Mark III is great.

I am seriously looking at the CFX4 channel midi controller with the GSP1101. The GSP1101 seems more reliable than the G Major. The CFX4 will change the Lead, R1/R2, and EQ in conjunction with effects, EQ, and patch levels.

The Digitech control 2 seems like it could do it....I'll have, to double check, but I would choose a midi controller that can do the job.

I like R2. It can be dialed in just like the manual says for a Marshall like tone. With my current settings, the R1 may not be squeaky clean, but it will clean up enough for me. The trade off is a nice heavy lead tone.

This thing does the job!

Yea!!! The Mark III is great.

I am seriously looking at the CFX4 channel switcher with the GSP1101. The GSP1101 seems more reliable than the G Major. The CFX4 will change the Lead, R1/R2, and EQ in conjunction with effects, EQ, and patch levels.

The Digitech control 2 seems like it could do it....I'll have, to double check, but I would choose a midi controller that can do the job.

I like R2. It can be dialed in just like the manual says for a Marshall like tone. With my current settings, the R1 may not be squeaky clean, but it will clean up enough for me. The trade off is a nice heavy lead tone.

This thing does the job!

These settings are working for me:
Vol Treb Bass Mid MAS LD LM
6.5 pulled, 7pulled, 5.5, 4, 3pulled, 8, 2.5 presence=2

graphic= 7.5, 6, 3, 5, 6.

HSS Strat and generic 2x12 with eminence speakers. I like classic rock and blues tones. Cleans don't have to be pristine.. a little break up is OK with me.

Les Paul type guitars sound muddier with settings that are good for a strat. If I get out my EC-1000, I need to decrease bass or push in the bass or deep knob.

Also, my ears get used to a sound with prejudice. Other sounds are probably fine... but I get this pre-conceived notion that my new best sound is the only acceptable tone. But then I get the motivation to perform!

One more thing. This is my "bedroom" volume which is as loud as my ears can tolerate. What sounds good at home is different than with the band.

Latest posts

Back