Jared Leto's guitar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHHHH,,, WHATEVER, I was better off not knowing what the hell EMO'S
were. They need to chill out a bit and listen to some Zeppelin or something. What a waste. And now I hate Leto dude too.

yeah it aint nice but I agree they should listen to some Zep :)

The thing that disturbs me about this Leto guy is he is supposed to be a role model and he encourages kids into this culture hmmm A rethink should be in order I think

Jared Leto is a beautiful man. I would like to bone him. And I am not homosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Stop laughing. I am not a homosexual. I just have an overwhelming desire to run my tongue all over his nether regions. To play sphincter tag with him 'till dawn. To share a wrm bath with him, sipping wine, and staring into his beautiful eyes.

If I were homosexual I would do all of these things. But as I am not I will remain alone in my aprtment with all of my cats and mens muscle magazines and continue to dream about a life where I was homosexual and could freely act on my urges.

I said stop laughing! Stop it!

crestwood1972 said:
Jared Leto is a beautiful man. I would like to bone him. And I am not homosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Stop laughing. I am not a homosexual. I just have an overwhelming desire to run my tongue all over his nether regions. To play sphincter tag with him 'till dawn. To share a wrm bath with him, sipping wine, and staring into his beautiful eyes.

If I were homosexual I would do all of these things. But as I am not I will remain alone in my aprtment with all of my cats and mens muscle magazines and continue to dream about a life where I was homosexual and could freely act on my urges.

hmm a rather strange post one thinks

crestwood1972 said:

:?
Some things are better off untold...

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about this crappy band... Before you read this, be aware that their logo features the motto "Launch Forth Into The Deep" in Latin. The Latin phrase In Altum is usually used medically to refer to damage or troubles inside the intestine. Maybe there is something about Jared Leto that we don't know... but suspect... heh.

Created in 1998 by Jared Leto and his brother, Shannon, 30 Seconds to Mars began as a small family project. Things began to speed up quickly, however, and Matt Wachter later joined the band as bassist and keyboard player. After a small revolving door of guitarists (as the band's first two guitarists, Kevin Drake and Solon Bixler, left the band due to issues primarily related to touring), the three auditioned Tomo Miličević to round out the bands roster.

According to an interview from Virgin Records, the band's name "actually comes from a thesis that [the band] found online [that] was written by a former Harvard professor. And one of the subsections of the thesis was titled 'thirty seconds to mars' and he goes on to talk about the expediential growth of technology that relates to humans and saying that we are quite literally thirty seconds to mars. What it means to us is, we thought it best described our music, in short."[1]

30 Seconds to Mars' first, self-titled album, produced by Bob Ezrin, was released in 2002 to mixed reviews and achieved sales of just over 100,000. The band's second album, A Beautiful Lie, was released on August 30, 2005. For this effort, the band traveled (during the course of three years) to four different continents, including five different countries, to perfect their sound and also to allow for Jared's film career. The album was produced by Josh Abraham, whose producing credits also include Orgy, Velvet Revolver, and Linkin Park.

Because A Beautiful Lie was leaked five months before its release, the band decided to include two bonus tracks: "Battle of One" (an original song that was also set to be the album's title track when it was first announced) and "Hunter" (a cover of the Björk song of the same name). To further promote the album, the band also enclosed "golden tickets" in 12 copies, which grant their owners access to any 30 Seconds to Mars concert free of charge, along with backstage access.

On August 31, 2006, the band won the MTV2 Award for "The Kill" at the MTV Video Music Awards, one of their two nominations. The second nomination was for Best Rock Video; however, they lost to AFI's "Miss Murder". The music video is loosely based on the film The Shining. A Beautiful Lie was certified platinum by the RIAA in January for distribution of over 1,000,000 albums.

In October, the band began their "Welcome to the Universe" tour, sponsored by MTV2. They were supported on this tour by Head Automatica, The Receiving End of Sirens, Cobra Starship, and several other bands including Street Drum Corps. On November 20, MTV2 premiered the video for "From Yesterday"; the video is the first American rock video ever shot in its entirety in the People's Republic of China.[2] The music video is loosely based on the film The Last Emperor.

On April 29, 2007, the band performed at the Australian MTV Australia Video Music Awards, where they were nominated for three awards, winning "Best Rock Video" and "Video of the Year" for "The Kill".

As of Spring 2007, the band is supporting The Used as a part of the "Taste of Chaos" tour and have scheduled a string of dates in Europe supporting Linkin Park. They are also scheduled to play Roskilde, Rock am Ring, Pinkpop, and Download. Following other commitments, they will begin working on their third album.

On March 1, 2007, bassist Matt Wachter announced his departure from the band live on stage during the band's El Paso, Texas "Taste of Chaos" set. This was confirmed the following day with a statement on the band's website.[3] He has since been replaced by Tim Kelleher (not the actor of the same name), who has been seen playing at the band's concerts. It is unknown if this is a temporary or permanent change. Wachter has also since joined Angels and Airwaves.

Following the release of "From Yesterday" as a single, the band posted a link on their MySpace blog to vote for the next single from A Beautiful Lie. The choices available were "A Beautiful Lie", "The Fantasy", "Savior", and "The Story". Another vote was done later between the top two songs, "A Beautiful Lie" and "The Fantasy". On May 2, 2007, the band has announced that "A Beautiful Lie" had won and would be the next single.

[edit] Logo

The band's phoenix logo.The band's phoenix logo (which the band named "Mithra") bears the phrase "Provehito in Altum", the band's motto. Roughly translated from Latin, this means "Launch forth into the deep". The logo was primarily used for promotion of the band's debut, whereas for A Beautiful Lie, the new Trinity logo was created consisting of three skulls, along with the band's name and motto.

[edit] The Echelon
The Echelon is a publicity street team for the band 30 Seconds to Mars, which helps in bringing friends to the shows, convincing friends to buy band merchandise, phoning local radio stations to request the band's songs, putting up posters, posting to band forums or related bulletin boards online, and maintaining zines or websites dedicated to the band. It is also a name of one of their songs in the album "30 Seconds to Mars".

[edit] Non-album tracks
In addition to the tracks on their two full-length releases thus far, the band has also recorded a few other tracks. Among these tracks are "Phase 1: Fortification" and "Valhalla", the latter of which was present on an early demo. "Phase 1: Fortification" was released on an overseas single for "Capricorn (A Brand New Name)". Another track featured on certain imported 30 Seconds to Mars titles is "Anarchy in Tokyo", a song that was recorded during the process of their self-titled debut. "Revolution" was also recorded for the self-titled album, but wasn't included because it didn't fit the theme of the album, and because of fear that listeners would take the lyrics too literally, especially after the September 11, 2001 attacks.[4] "Occam's Razor" was also recorded, but was never included on any of the band's releases. As a result, it is considered the most difficult to locate of the five unreleased tracks.

Demo versions of songs on the band's self-titled debut were also slightly different, along with different names. For example, "Fallen" was previously called "Jupiter", and "Year Zero" was previously called "Hero". Also made available are the demo versions of "Buddha For Mary" and "93 Million Miles"; the latter originally had lyrics referring to the band Deadsy, whose members Dr. Nner and P. Exeter Blue I provided extra instrumentation on several tracks, but the lyrics were changed after the two bands were involved in a small feud.

During recent live shows, the band has premiered two new songs, one of which may end up on the new album: "Some Other Son/The Believer" which was initially written for the self-titled album but was scrapped during recording, and "Sisters of Heresy". Fans that have heard the new material have stated the songs are more of a progressive style, similar to that of the band's self-titled debut album, as opposed to the alternative rock style of A Beautiful Lie.[citation needed]

On December 11, 2006, the band sent their fans a "stocking stuffer" in the form of a holiday song called "Santa Through the Back Door".

RocksOff said:
Here's everything you ever wanted to know about this crappy band...
while i'll admit a beautiful lie was kind of a let down, their first album was absolutely fantastic..... it's one of the most unique albums i've heard in a while.... while his guitar playing is more primitive than a vai or petrucci (he reminds me more of The Edge with a little Billy Howerdel and a touch of Adam Jones) he is an amazing song writer and arranger.... which to me is an art that has been long lost.... leto is visionary .... the whole first album is a concept album in the vein of floyd ..... and while he might not be able to shred, he writes and arranges better than most of the guitarists around today..... IMHO its about the song writing and arrangement.... solo's are cool but nobody is doing anything interesting with them... even petrucci is getting somewhat boring... luckily petrucci writes monster riffs.... point being don't dismiss 30STM because of leto.... he's a dick, but he can write a **** good song

Jared Leto sings well live, he's a cool guy, he writes good songs... has anyone actually met him on real circumstances? I think A Beautiful Lie is a really good album, maybe people should listen to the band before passing judgment! How many rock bands these days have actual substance beyond their songs? Jared Leto is an artist, and music is only part of his amazing talent. Stop being jealous! So what if he wears makeup at shows? Every single person on TV and movies wears makeup. Plus kids like it, and these days, if kids don't like your songs you don't make any money. So people please get over the whole "he's emo he's a role model he wears makeup he can't play guitar at all" bit... its just immature.

People need to grow up and stop thinking they're better than everyone :(

I think its time for this thread to stop.

I didn't even bother reading all the posts here, but I have to throw in my 2 cents. Jared Leto is the gayest, raiding his sister's makeup bag, wannabe rock dude I've ever seen in my life. He makes Brett Michaels and CC Deville look hardcore. The mascara thing? Jeeze. I can't rant enough, but I guess you can tell how I feel about him and his band. He reminds me of Rob Lowe on the SNL skit Goth Talk. You know, the one where he's the goth filmmaker shooting his movie in the park and there's people playing frisbee and **** in the backgorund. Oh, the musical horror. And the Fuse channel panders. THE HUMANITY!

alex1fly said:
Jared Leto sings well live, he's a cool guy, he writes good songs... has anyone actually met him on real circumstances? I think A Beautiful Lie is a really good album, maybe people should listen to the band before passing judgment! How many rock bands these days have actual substance beyond their songs? Jared Leto is an artist, and music is only part of his amazing talent. Stop being jealous! So what if he wears makeup at shows? Every single person on TV and movies wears makeup. Plus kids like it, and these days, if kids don't like your songs you don't make any money. So people please get over the whole "he's emo he's a role model he wears makeup he can't play guitar at all" bit... its just immature.

People need to grow up and stop thinking they're better than everyone :(

I think its time for this thread to stop.

I don't think I'm better than everybody but I am better than an emo douche. Just my opinion.

In my opinion I think those who always go after someone like people have here are nothing short of jealous. He is doing with his life what you can only dream about doing with your own. If they weren't good they wouldn't be selling out venues everywhere they go. So get over it, the mans good and deep down inside you know it.

By that rationale nsync, Britney Spears, and just about every other lame *** teenie bopper band that has ever been in fashion is good because they sell out venues. That's a BS argument, sorry. I don't hate him because I'm jealous I hate him because he dresses up like an emo douchebag. If I hated others for their success I couldn't be a fan of any kind of music now could I? FWIW I liked him in "American Psycho."

last night I saw a clip of 30 seconds to mars.
I don't know how somebody at least with a piece of brain could like it.
It's obviously a band made to make money.
His voice is completely auto tuned,who use auto tune knows when it was been used.
The clip is a complete crap,terrible,no creativity,no nothing !!!!!!!!!!!
Even if they play a style wich I like,I will say that band sucks.
If they live more than next year,it's only because of brainless chickse who like his blue eyes.
But about music,please let's talk about something musically real !

Good for Jared, he has done a good job staying on the edge in hollywood. I have never heard a 30 Seconds to Mars album but saw a gig and it was good.

I like the guy.

I think I might be confused on Emo. It sounds like everyone is describing Goth. You know sad all the time wanting to kill themselves and wearing lots of make up and mascara.

I thought emo guys are the ones wearing the thick black framed glasses and always crying about losing their girlfriends and writing sappy love songs about wanting them back?

Glaurung25 said:
I think I might be confused on Emo. It sounds like everyone is describing Goth. You know sad all the time wanting to kill themselves and wearing lots of make up and mascara.

I thought emo guys are the ones wearing the thick black framed glasses and always crying about losing their girlfriends and writing sappy love songs about wanting them back?

The easiest way to separate Emo from Goth is the pants. Emo kids like super tight girl's jeans whereas the Goth kids like the big pants with the zippers and stuff. Emo kids also wear mascara. For further clarification you can go to http://www.myspace.com/robcollard and look at the pictures. I was a prototypical emo kid for Halloween.

My prior comments were harsh, over the top. I guess that's just rock n' roll, baby! Anyway, let me point out that THE only reason this band has any success is because the FUSE network pushed them incessantly. I mean, even POISON was pretty big for a while back in the day. That is, until MTV stopped pushing them. Then the mindless herds had to have the next biggest thing pushed on them. Enter grunge.......This stuff doesn't happen by accident, peoplez.

Back