It's here!! It's here!! My new (old) Tremoverb!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I got her today, after a 2 1/2 week wait from a shipping mistake from the guy I bought it from. But he felt bad and put a brand new set of tubes in the box. It's a 1994 first run Tremoverb (SN: R-0024xx) with the Serial FX loop and original leather covering (instead of tolex). He's been running it at 50wts with EL34's so I just followed what he was doing and it sounds sooooo good! I do have a question though, the reverb tank was outside the amp in a seperate box and I hooked it up and it works (a little noisy) but how can I mount in inside the amp? With screws or maybe some velcro?

Heres a pic taken with my phone, so it's not the best quality of pic. The amp isn't in perfect shape, but on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7.5 on appearence and a 10 on tone.

This sure is a different creature than my 95 head, but still the same.

tremoverb3jx.jpg

You can put it in a Reverb Tank bag and screw the bag to the bottom of the cabinet.

If you have an old Fender amp, you can look in the bottom to see what I'm talking about.

This is a very effective way to mount the tank.

IT's actually already in the bag, but it's just sitting in the amp. I've got an old Deluxe, I've taken out that tank several times but I didn't know if there was a better way with modern technology... Guess the ole' screw and screw-driver will never go out of style?

tele_jas said:
Yep, thats the one on HC. Got a great deal on it.... $950 shipped and now the new tubes!

Wasn't me, but I think I actually owned that particular one a while back...LOL :) It got passed around here a while among bandmates of mine, sold to some guys in the DC area where I was and then ended up down in Richmond. I'm almost positive it's the exact same one. That thing has shared the stage with Nevermore, Anthrax, etc. You can also rest assured that while it probably has some bumps from over the years, it never gave anyone any trouble at all and always sounded great!

Sounds great (the amp and the history behind the amp). Thats cool that someone knows this amp too! I really think I'm going to like it better than my head, but man it's heavy!!!

I'll put the T-Verb in the closet with the Fender Deluxe (that's shared the stage with "The Bellomy Bros", John Anderson, Rick Van Shelton, BJ Thomas, David Allen Coe, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, and a few more country guys) And let them duke it out..... I bet the T-verb wins, especially if Scott Ian looked at it :D .

Hey, congradulations, now run a extension cabinet through it :p 6 x12 :D
Hey nice looking Tverb Combo, im wondering if that badge in the middle is standered :S i mabe it was the earlyer modles that had it like that but, all the otehr one's ive seen have it in the top left corner, like mine. However i think i like the look of yours better, and am just curious is it aftermarket, wich i suspect it is??? if so can u tell me how the put it on, proberly glued, as the two screw holes fit right over each speaker :S

Michael

Latest posts

Back