It's here BUT........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after spending the money on the amp I can't really afford to just throw some tubes in there for 2 days' use. I could justify it by saying to myself that they'd be backups should anything go wrong but seriously when it comes to tubes I go through dougstubes.com. Doug's the man and I'd hate to give GC my money over him. Besides, I'd still need to disconnect my computer to get a power cable and my home theater to get cables for the reverb tank so it's probably best I just wait until Monday. It does look nifty in there though.

This is day 2 of staring at a non-functioning Mark IV. Oh, the agony. The Alesis conditioner was only $99 and was rated better than the lower end Furman units so I went with it. It does look pretty cool too.

Rampage said:
Shipping wise I have to say DHL has been the best I have used, but I have only used it three times: I shipped a 5150 and a Randall Warhead via their service, and I got my Avatar 2x12 through them. Each time the item got to its destination in five days or less. I sent an 85 pound 5150 2x12 combo from Phoenix, AZ to Philadelphia, PA and it took five days (dropped it off on a Monday morning and it got there by Friday afternoon :shock: ), I shipped the Warhead combo to Sacramento, CA and that took two days, and I got the Avatar 2x12 from Spokane, WA in three. Each time the stuff got to the destination quick and in nice shape.

I don't care for DHL very much. They have delivered stuff to my door without anyone signing. It sucks to come home to see your valuables sitting at the door in plain sight for someone to come steal. Fortunately nothing was ever stolen but I just don't like the idea of them just dropping stuff off wihout a signature. The packages did come in without sustaining any damages though. I don't know whether to credit the seller or the carrier though.

Russ said:
Rampage said:
Shipping wise I have to say DHL has been the best I have used, but I have only used it three times: I shipped a 5150 and a Randall Warhead via their service, and I got my Avatar 2x12 through them. Each time the item got to its destination in five days or less. I sent an 85 pound 5150 2x12 combo from Phoenix, AZ to Philadelphia, PA and it took five days (dropped it off on a Monday morning and it got there by Friday afternoon :shock: ), I shipped the Warhead combo to Sacramento, CA and that took two days, and I got the Avatar 2x12 from Spokane, WA in three. Each time the stuff got to the destination quick and in nice shape.

I don't care for DHL very much. They have delivered stuff to my door without anyone signing. It sucks to come home to see your valuables sitting at the door in plain sight for someone to come steal. Fortunately nothing was ever stolen but I just don't like the idea of them just dropping stuff off wihout a signature. The packages did come in without sustaining any damages though. I don't know whether to credit the seller or the carrier though.

That is true, I have heard that they don't have anyone sign most of the time, when I got my Avatar cab that was the case, luckily I just got home from work though and pretty much the second I stepped through the door from the garage I heard the doorbell.

I think credit is due to the seller and the shipper, but a lot rests in the hands of the latter. Whenever I bought a Sony Bravia tv a few months back it got shipped via some freight company and when they came by to drop it off the box looked like it fell out of a plane. Sure as **** the screen was cracked so I didn't accept it. Luckily the place I bought it from (Abe's of Maine) sent me back out a new one with express shipping. Anyway, both times the tv was packed very carefully: double cardboard boxed, styrofoam sheets, and bubble wrap like no other. Just the one time I guess they decided to use it as a teeter totter or something.

As long as he isn't using the Boss distortion he's fine.

I kinda like the original Shredmaster myself. I had one but gave it to a very close friend the last time I saw him in hopes of seeing him again. He had wanted one but never got one because they had already quit making them. Looking back on it, that was quite a little gift. I hope he still has it. I haven't seen him in almost 12 years.

Ricco, if you are reading this PM me...

I'm not using any of the distortions or pre-amps. Mostly just the time based effects. It's not a GT-8 it's a GT-6 and I've had it for 5 years. I don't mind the delays, reverbs, etc and I really don't see how I'd need a distortion pedal but we shall see. My best friend has an original Guv'nor from about 1998 so if need be I can use that but again, why would I?

You shouldn't need anything in the way of a Distortion. You might want a little clean boost from time to time though.

Pure and unsurpassed joy. This thing is amazing. I thought it sounded great then I switched from class A to simulclass and WHOA! This thing roars and sings. I love this amp. I even like RHY2. I set it up so that Lead EQ can do the chugging metal rhythm thing then turning off the EQ gives me a sweet, singing lead sound. I am thrilled with this amp.

I think my initial response to the amp when I got mine was,

"HEH, HEH, FUHK YEAH..."

It had been several years since I had experimented on one and at that it was not even for the high gain originally. These amps really do it for me.

Glad to see you like your Mark IV. It is funny but I find joy in hearing that others enjoy the same amp as myself and get that rush from hearing it as they play it for the first time..

Latest posts

Back