It's here BUT........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilrob1979

Reaction score
This:
mkiv.jpg

Will be joining this:
0604072026.jpg

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!

Sorry about the bad picture. Cell phone camera at night, you know how it goes.

Replacing this:

IMG_2961.jpg

Nice score man, sure you will love the Mark IV, and some nice guitars you've got there too. I really like that Carvin with the Kahler.

I really liked the Legacy but its rhythm sounds weren't what I wanted. Great cleans and leads though. If it just had another channel it'd be even better. I really liked the power amp section of it though. I used to run a Boss GT-6 straight into it through the return and it made the pre-amps sound half-way decent. The clean channel was fantastic and with the right pre-amp tubes and a good bias it broke up very nicely when cranked. Think "Can You Hear Me Knockin." That sucker was LOUD too. One of the problems I had with it and a reason I got the Weber (besides wanting to overdrive the power section at home) was that it went from zero to LOUD within about 1/2 of 1 and 9/16 of one. It was a good amp and I enjoyed it but now I feel like I'm moving from a corvette to a Ferrari. People slam Carvin a lot but I don't really care. I really liked that amp and my '91 DC127 with the Kahler and EMG's is the fastest guitar on the planet in my opinion (at least that'd be the case if someone else was playing it). It's heavier than hell though. The Strat is a '94 Strat Ultra that recently got Dimarzio Area '58s in the neck and middle (awesome pickups) and a Carvin C22B in the bridge (underrated pickup and since it's a bit bright works very well with 250K pots). The Hamer is a 2005 Studio Custom Triple Threat. I got the last brand new one (out of 30) in existence. It's my pride and joy.

I had originally wanted to run the Mark IV slaved out to the Legacy to get a more Metallica'ish sound since JH slaved out to Marshalls but I had to fund the Mesa. I got $600 for it which is what I paid for it 5 years ago so I feel pretty good about the whole deal.

The second package with the power tubes, power cord and footswitch isn't here so I have a swell looking amp sittin in a rack case all hooked up and nothing to do. ARRRRGH

Ahhh that has to be torture. Hopefully the other stuff gets to you tomorrow! But just figure, it will make it so much sweeter when you first plug into it.

Well it as shipped UPS (lame) so no Saturday delivery (Ultra LAME). I use FedEx for all of my shipping now. When I was shipping my Legacy off (now that I got my feedback for eBay good riddance to that sucker it didn't have any problems but I was soooooooooooo bored with it) UPS was going to charge me $65 to ship it insured to Arkansas. It cost me $38 through FedEx and it got there a day early. The rack vent panel and cable I got from Sweetwater which is the best online store in existence IMHO came a day early as well through FedEx.

devilrob1979 said:
The second package with the power tubes, power cord and footswitch isn't here so I have a swell looking amp sittin in a rack case all hooked up and nothing to do. ARRRRGH

That just plain suck's!! Talk about getting teased.

**** that blows a fat one man. The one nice thing is though that the tubes will probably have had a much safer trip than they would have if they were in the rackmount and the footswitch can't get destroyed by the weight of the amp. My buddy got an Engl Powerball a few months ago and the guy who packed it did a great packing job on the head, but just kind of whipped the footswitch in there. The weight of the amp ended up breaking two of the buttons on the footswitch but luckily he was able to ship back the footswitch in exchange for a new one.

Shipping wise I have to say DHL has been the best I have used, but I have only used it three times: I shipped a 5150 and a Randall Warhead via their service, and I got my Avatar 2x12 through them. Each time the item got to its destination in five days or less. I sent an 85 pound 5150 2x12 combo from Phoenix, AZ to Philadelphia, PA and it took five days (dropped it off on a Monday morning and it got there by Friday afternoon :shock: ), I shipped the Warhead combo to Sacramento, CA and that took two days, and I got the Avatar 2x12 from Spokane, WA in three. Each time the stuff got to the destination quick and in nice shape.

I don't mind UPS but it is slow. I shipped an MXR 10-Band EQ and it took nine days to get from Arizona to Pennsylvania via ground. FedEx is very fast but I have heard a lot of horror stories about them destroying gear before. USPS Priority mail is always the best for small packages; I got my DiMarzios from a guy in Arkansas and they got to me in two days.

Yeah I always ship small stuff via Priority Mail. I'm sending a pickup to a guy in Alabama in exchange for him putting stainless steel saddles on my Kahler for me. He actually did it for free but I felt kind of obligated when he asked if I still had it for sale. I also got an Avatar through DHL and it took 2 days but then again I live just on the other side of the state. They're good too. I figure that if you pack it right your gear will be safe with pretty much anybody.

As for the separate packages I actually appreciate the guy I bought the amp from doing it that way. It shows a lot of care and I think it's great. That's a big footswitch and a heavy amp so the two should have been separated. Taking out the tubes was another great idea. I just wish they'd arrived on the same day. I almost wish the smaller package had arrived today instead of the amp because this is absolute f*$*ing TORTURE!!!!

devilrob1979 said:
As for the separate packages I actually appreciate the guy I bought the amp from doing it that way. It shows a lot of care and I think it's great. That's a big footswitch and a heavy amp so the two should have been separated. Taking out the tubes was another great idea. I just wish they'd arrived on the same day. I almost wish the smaller package had arrived today instead of the amp because this is absolute f*$*ing TORTURE!!!!

Thats true, it shows integrity in the seller as they didn't just see the amp as a dollar sign, rather they wanted the amp to get to you in one piece.

As far as safe packaging goes, you should have seen the packing job on my Mark IV when I got it. There was foam rubber cut out in a rectangle to fill the cavity of the amplifier, there was more foam rubber with a slot cut into it to cover the front panel knobs, the guy wrapped it all tight with some small bubblewrap then did about 3 inches of big bubblewrap, stuck it in a box filled with packing peanuts and that was that. In a seperate box he had two sets of tubes and the footswitch. The tubes were in their boxes and put into a smaller box with styrofoam around the sides so they couldn't move and had about an inch of protection. The footswitch was wrapped up in bubblewrap and it and the small box with the tubes were put inside of another box filled with packing peanuts. Took about an hour to get it all out :shock: but I have never seen a better packing job :D

Awww what a cock tease dude.. it will be ready soon enough, looks great btw.

Hope everything goes well, the first note you hit will make you forget all about the wait and you'll ask yourself how the hell you ever managed without a Mark IV before then :D

Looks grat in there. I think I like that Alesis conditioner. It looks cooler than the Furman units. Too bad your tubes aren't there. If it was me I would be out tomorrow getting tubes for it. I wouldn't be able to wait.

Back