Is there any Lonestar owners that can make a few clips ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirJackdeFuzz

Reaction score
Guys . . .

. . . just asking to see if anyone in Boogie-Land has a Lonestar & some recording gear that does not mind to make a few clips for me, according to my imagenary settings !

There is no Mesa store in my town, and the closest one is 7 hours away !

So please let me know if you are able to slap something together for me, and i will let you know what settings i have in mind !
Does not have to be 3min master pieces, 15sec p. clip is more than enough !

Many Thanx to all . . .

:wink:

Ok, keep in mind these were all recorded at apartment levels, since these days I don't have regular access to a place where I can turn up. So the gain-ey stuff especially is not truly representative.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube, too... just search on Mesa Lone Star.

Here ya go.

djw said:
Ok, keep in mind these were all recorded at apartment levels, since these days I don't have regular access to a place where I can turn up. So the gain-ey stuff especially is not truly representative.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube, too... just search on Mesa Lone Star.

Here ya go.

WOW . . . that was awsome DJW !

Thanks sooo much !
Your "CloneCheck" and "Gainey" clips was most helpfull !

I tried youtube - believe me - but there is nothing i want to hear, i am sad to say ! ALL the Lonestar Classic clips sounds like a Fender, or is being play'ed like a Fender. I know the Classic can do Fender cleans, but i want to know how is sounds driven HARD ! (gain wise)

Was those recordings done in your house by you ?
If so, is it possible (i know i am asking alot here) to record one or two more clips with settings that i have in mind ? And yes, i know you can not crank it beyound "bedroom" vol :wink:

Again, thank you so very much for the clips that you do have !
It halps a lot !

Cheers
;)

pushing a lonestar works.
I run it a little different then most. My only pedals are a compression (comptortion) and a metalzone (keeley modded). The amp can handle clean, dirt and higain all by itself. The MT2 pushes it into the "beyond". The interesting thing is that it reacts totally different whether it's on the clean channel or the gain channel.
Fender clean? yah. but thats just one good thing. If you want to shake things up a bit, throw some EL34 in there. Real english raunch and roll.

SirJackdeFuzz said:
Your "CloneCheck" and "Gainey" clips was most helpfull ! ...

Was those recordings done in your house by you ?
If so, is it possible (i know i am asking alot here) to record one or two more clips with settings that i have in mind ? And yes, i know you can not crank it beyound "bedroom" vol Wink

Thanks, Jack. I feel hugely exposed and sheepish for my sloppy playing. You're very kind.

One note about the CloneCheck clip: this was recorded right after I'd done the Reeder mod on it, so this was an attempt to prove the effectiveness of the mod (ie, to prove the chennels are more like clones of each other after the mod than they are stock). The rest of the clips were done before I did the mod, so they're more of a true representation of the stock 50/100 config.

Yes, I did these at home with a Zoom H2 recorder; nothing too serious, but easy and gets the job done. I might be able to do some more for you, but it'll be a while because this week I'm going to be taking my baby in for a retrofit of the 10watt option. I have a very cool amp tech. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I can find the time.

BTW, not noted in the clips: all of them were done with just a guitar and the amp. No pedals, no nothing. Here are the settings I use most of the time, and the common controls between the channels are generally the same:

Gain: 2:00
Treble: 2:00
Mid: 10:00
Bass: 9:30
Presence: 12:00
Drive: 10:00
Normal voicing
50w, both channels
Tube rectifier
6L6s
Loop is on, output: 1:30.

hey, who is doing your 10w mod?
boogie told me it couldnt be done with out a complete board swap.
how much is it going to cost you?
thanks

boogie shoes said:
hey, who is doing your 10w mod?
boogie told me it couldnt be done with out a complete board swap.
how much is it going to cost you?
thanks
I have a friend who's a pretty high-end amp tech, and he's currently of the belief that this mod should be doable. I trust him, he does this for a living and he knows quite a bit about his trade; however, he's never done this mod before, so he's only given me an estimate. To date, I've never heard of anyone else doing this, so... we might be the first.

Yes, I am a little bit nervous. :? I'm going to talk to him today and hopefully he'll have done his homework. I need the amp back soon!

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

boogie shoes said:
hey which guitars are you using on your clips?

Generally my American Deluxe Strat, unless I'm using the Les Paul. The ones that are named with "_LP_" are the Gibsons; the others are the Fender ("_DS_"). I forgot to name the Clone examples that way, but they use the strat as well.

Hey, by the way the 10w mod is on hold. My guy looked at the schematic and said that he wants to wait until he can get a schematic of the 10/50/100 model to double-check Mesa's take on this bit; they've apparently been reluctant to send him a copy so far. It's possible that it might not work, actually. There's so little space in there that it might actually require a board swap to accomplish, in which case it might be better to convince Mesa to do it... which then also might affect the overall tone, which I would NOT be interested in doing.

So we'll see. For now I'm experimenting with some 6V6s, which sound GREAT.

Did you see this on You Tube??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiW22O914Cg

Latest posts

Back