Is there a trick to reverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomrs

Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm using a Roadster head that I picked up yesterday and I cannot get any reverb out of it on either of the 4 channels.

FX loop on or off..nothing, FX on channels enabled..nothing, Recto track or diode..nada, 50 or 100 watts..still no reverb.

This is technically my 3rd Roadster in about 2 and a 1/2 months. The first being a loaned floor model, and the second was a complete mess that I posted here when I got it.

I seriously hope I'm just missing something about this no reverb thing because I really want to keep this amp.

Any obvious answers and noob calling is welcome.

PS. The reverb worked great with the floor model I had. Also it was equiped with EL34's and this new one has 6l6's.

Here is a link to my '2nd' Roadster if you are curious..

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15033&highlight=

Shouldnt be any "tricks". First you could try a toilet paper roll, a corkscrew and some tin foil. If that doesnt work, try an avacado, an ice pick, and a snorkel.

And lastly, check the reverb tank connection.

Yeah I had already checked the connection to the tank but not at the other end (I reached through the back and it feels like a 1/4" jack that is plugged in solid.
I never pulled out a Duel Rec's chasis before. Does tampering void the warrenty such as taking it apart like that?

Would it be advised to return it?

atomrs said:
Hey gang, I'm using a Roadster head that I picked up yesterday and I cannot get any reverb out of it on either of the 4 channels.

FX loop on or off..nothing, FX on channels enabled..nothing, Recto track or diode..nada, 50 or 100 watts..still no reverb.

This is technically my 3rd Roadster in about 2 and a 1/2 months. The first being a loaned floor model, and the second was a complete mess that I posted here when I got it.

I seriously hope I'm just missing something about this no reverb thing because I really want to keep this amp.

Any obvious answers and noob calling is welcome.

PS. The reverb worked great with the floor model I had. Also it was equiped with EL34's and this new one has 6l6's.

Here is a link to my '2nd' Roadster if you are curious..

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15033&highlight=

Does it have a tube driving the reverb? If yes, might check that tube?

Dang, I have to call myself a noob on this one. Looking through the manual reminded me..There is a lil' reverb button on the footswitch..Doh! How embarrassing.
I do thank you guys for fast reply's. I just wanted a quick fix so bad that I completely overlooked it and I so wanted to keep this one!

Latest posts

Back