Is a dual recto for me

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicshade

Reaction score
I really love the tones from DT's as i am and the tones from Disturbed's stupifiy and striken, but i heard a fade to black cover from disturbed and the tone sounded so bad (muddy and undefined). I am really worried that if i buy one that it will be too loose as i play alot of metal like KSE, Opeth and Necrophagist and need a tight bottom end and if I do get a DR what cab do I use with it as I have heard some people say regular size and others say oversized, will a framus dragon cab sound good, finally so many people say that the framus cobra is the amp that the DR and Framus cobras are well priced in Australia and I have no way of trying either amps.

on their first cd they used duals. On their newer stuff Dan is using a custom Randall pre and power amp i believe. I think they call it the 3030 or something similar to a 5150 rip off name.

KSE and Opeth = EL34.. so you might be better off with a Stiletto or run a dual with EL34's.

For tight bottom end with a Recto you'll find it easier with the traditional cab (now called the Stiletto cab) but it's doable with an oversized (standard recto cab).. I have an oversized 2x12 and I also have tight low end, it's all about EQ.

for disturbed, a DR would get you there....however, for dream theather, old metallica, and the other bands you mentioned, a DR would not give you instant gratification. You'd get some, and maybe eventually full satisfaction, but you'd have a tough time getting there!

Consider, as mentioned, the Stilleto or a Mark4. Mark4's are very heavy and will give you all the tight end you nee.d

Back