Information on this Boogie cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meredith

Reaction score
I have this old cabinet I want to sell. Any information on the model, age or value would be greatly appreciated.
I know it is a 1X12 with an 8 ohm EV speaker, but that's about it.
Thanks!

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

It's called a Thiele cab. So-called because the ported design uses parameters developed by two guys named Thiele and Small. These are cleverly known as the "Thiele-Small parameters".
You've got an older one with the Fender-style Tolex covering and chrome corners. Newer covering is smoother and the corners are leather.
The speaker is an original 200 watt EVM 12L, not a re-issue.
Don't sell it for less than $400 plus shipping. :D
(I'd buy it myself, but I already have two!)

Great, thanks. I saw some ebay listings with the word "thiele" but I had no idea what it meant.
It looks like these cabinets with celestion speakers have gone for $225 to $250 lately. Why do you think my cab is worth more? Or is just that ebay is buyer's market on these? It seems to be a buyers market on everything lately.

Yup, it's a buyer's market for just about everything. But 200 watt EVs are worth more than the 90 watt Boogie Celestion ("Black Shadow"), and they are no longer available except as a re-issue.
(There's an original EVM 12L on eBay right now going for $187.50 total.)
I last sold a Thiele on eBay in 2007 - got a low-ball offer of $200 - it eventually sold for $375 plus $25 shipping. Shipping would be closer to $40-50 now.
A brand new Thiele from Mesa is $399.

Back