I'm starting to HATE Mesa Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkorn

Reaction score
Hey,
my amp is doing the same noises as before.
i don't know if it is possible but i could put a clip of the sound its doing here for all of you to enjoy.

Tomorrow i'll be talking to MB USA (Yes, i will call them from Portugal and pay a whole lot of money for the call, can someone please put their number here)
I will also be calling their representative here in Portugal and to the store where I bought the amp.

Legal action will depend on tomorrows news...

Quality control is crap, what kind of knowledge do they pass to their foreign techs that work in MB representatives all over the world?
I just wish I could tell this directly to Randall Smith. (he must be proud of what marketing a**holes are doing to his company)
By the end of the month I'll be going to an Andy Timmons clinic here in Portugal and i'll be taking a sign saying Mesa Boogie do not care for their customers, I just hope he passes me the mic, since every one from MB Portugal will be there, and I get a chance to speak out.
Remember, a Mark V in Portugal costs 5 times the minimal salary...

Also, please don't say it is the electricity or some tubes. Please remember, this amp has gone to MB twice... almost 2 weeks trouble free, than in starts again!

It sounds like you've got a lemon...

This is what happens sometimes with hand built amps, I can understand your frustration but abandoning a company because of bad luck isn't necessarily a great reason.

Cut to the chase and request a totally new amp.

I think there should be some sort of rule where if you send your amp in for repair under warranty a certain number of times they replace it with a new one.

I suggested to Mesa that I got a lemon, after my Mark needed so many repairs. They said, "We don't really believe in lemons." Um, yeah.

Rkorn said:
Hey,
my amp is doing the same noises as before.
i don't know if it is possible but i could put a clip of the sound its doing here for all of you to enjoy.

Tomorrow i'll be talking to MB USA (Yes, i will call them from Portugal and pay a whole lot of money for the call, can someone please put their number here)
I will also be calling their representative here in Portugal and to the store where I bought the amp.

Legal action will depend on tomorrows news...

Quality control is crap, what kind of knowledge do they pass to their foreign techs that work in MB representatives all over the world?
I just wish I could tell this directly to Randall Smith. (he must be proud of what marketing a**holes are doing to his company)
By the end of the month I'll be going to an Andy Timmons clinic here in Portugal and i'll be taking a sign saying Mesa Boogie do not care for their customers, I just hope he passes me the mic, since every one from MB Portugal will be there, and I get a chance to speak out.
Remember, a Mark V in Portugal costs 5 times the minimal salary...

Also, please don't say it is the electricity or some tubes. Please remember, this amp has gone to MB twice... almost 2 weeks trouble free, than in starts again!

WTF!!!! :( Oh mate...!!!!!!!!!! Thats messed up...!!!!!
After all that waiting? Jesus christ.... :(
Absolutely gutted to hear that for you..

I'm not about to leave the company... they have the best tone around, that's what screws me inside!!!!
They don't believe in lemons?? The guy who said that is a bit of an a**hole... also like the guy who said a Mesa Boogie will withstand 20 years without need for service (these guys don't know crap about physics and chemical eng...)
Tomorrow i'll have some news... they should replace my amp with a brand new one, and that's what I'm going for!!!
I want a new amp and that's that!

Where is the Mesa Boogie guy that's supposed to be in this forum answering questions???
I've seen him in some topics before Authorised something is his name here...

Are these guys giving a crap about their customers???
Still, my maine problem is MB Portugal... lets see how they behave tomorrow...

Hi RKorn -

Sent you a reply to your PM but not sure if it's going through.

I'm not in a position to comment on this post since there's no real detail as to what is wrong with your amp. I can say that I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems and what sounds to be multiple problems at that and I can also say that we have a tremendous amount of resources, knowledge and experience helping customers work through problems. That doesn't make frustration in the moment go away but if you give the people with the tools to help, you might be pleasantly surprised. Everything, from electronics and vacuum tubes to human service (or lack of it) has an explanation and everyone at Mesa is very dedicated to what they do and making sure our customers are taken care of.

Looking forward to working this out for you and getting you back on the road to enjoying your amp.

Boogie

keep your head up man, no need to hate. I'm sure boogie will take care of you. For every story like yours, there are 50 stories of how great boogie is. If you can, buy a prepaid calling card, the phone call will be much cheaper, also send an email, like Tien asked, and clearly describe everything, this way you won't need to spend 10 minutes of phone time, plus they will already have had time to think about a solution. I just got my second Mark IIC+ back from boogie, and Mike B. worked his magic and it's basically a 27 year old brand new amp. I know you are worked up about not getting results, but getting super pissed won't fix anything. I believe that Boogie wants their clients to be blown away EVERY time they plug in, and I'm sure soon you will feel the same. Appreciate every day... I know someone that has sweet boogie amps, and dream guitars that can't even play anymore because his spinal cord sucks *** so he lost the use of his right hand, and partially left hand too. Everything will be fine.

All the best

scott

That really sucks.
Had a minor issue with channel switching right out of the box that was almost instantly solved by the MB in Portugal. Never dealt directly with them tough. All this process was nicely managed by the store were i bought it.
Been quite happy with it ever since.
Just keep holding it. **** happens i guess.

Btw where are you attending Andy Timmons clinic? Lisbon or Porto? should i look for the sign?

cheers.

I believe Andy Timmons is already sold out (this is what I have heard)
My problem is in Lisbon... but the biggest problem is not the store but the distributor.
I know some other people with problems with them, but some minor problems... An amp not working properly for the 2nd time in a row thy should have payed attention and do their job, which is something they didn't do.
For me to leave the amp there for the 3rd time... I need garanties i will get this thing fixed...

I know MB is a great company, they make THE best amps!!!!
Still, a company like this should be aware its representatives are not following and working with the image HQ wants them to.
And things like these happen, I no longer believe the guys here can fix my amp, that's why i'm asking for another one.
Already in contact with boogie USA, lets see where this goes.
I just want the amp fixed.
It's not like i've broken my express 25 and want MB to replace it with a MV!
Once again, tks guys for your kind words!

In the USA all of you asleep and here in Europe... all kinds of crap going on :D

Well, latest updates, the distributor wants me to bring my full stack to the store, guitars included to try and understand where is the problem!!! (are they real???) I'm completely speechless... Cabs, cables, fx (which I don't use), maybe my rockbag also... there might me something in the rockbag... Oh wait, the rockbag can't be, i used to have e hardcase and the problem was there also.

Unbelievable!!!

Is this problem intermittent, or does it happen as soon as you plug in?

Before you take it anywhere for demo, take it to a friend or two's house and play it there, just to make sure it keeps happening.

I can tell you now from experience as a customer rep. they are hoping you bring it in and nothing goes wrong so they can blame it on something at your house or in your rig. If you bring your gear and don't have a problem I can tell you now they will tell you the problem is in your electrical at home.

Unfortunatley for some companies this is customer service 101.

Well even if you feel they are obvious 'no's, once they're eliminated, the search for the reason(s) for the amp messing about still, at least their checklist will be narrowed down to certain remaining options. (And at least the distributor can't shun responsibility, blaming you or your rig.

(Theoretically, a truely malfunctioning amp would malfunction racked up or independently as Head/speaker only, shouldn't it?
And if thats the case with your amp, that'll "come out in the wash" )

Wishing you the best of luck in swiftly getting it back to health or replaced if need be.

I dedicate the "The horror....the horror" thread to you, sir.

Your getting BONED my friend.

If they want you to bring it to the store, you just need the amp,cab and the guitar. Screw all the other stuff, that's pointless BS. Of course, now your at their mercy (again) once it's in the store, so I don't like that idea either...especially after its already been there for 2 trips. A 3rd trip? That's unbeliveable.

Your on the right path dealing with Mesa USA. Those guys where you are sound like a bunch of clowns who need not be associated with Mesa representation at ALL. Good luck on getting the amp fixed. I would be on fire....

~Nep~

i wouldn't even bother dude.

email tien, or pm through the site. describe all your problems....it wont cost you "phone" money to do so.

why in God's name are you still fucking around with these "local" tech guys who CLEARLY dont know wtf they're doing with YOUR amp.

Just deal with boogie in the states, and explain to them that the local service guys are a bunch of F-ups, and you want YOUR amp gone over by boogie...or, you want a new amp.

In fairness, assessing the whole rig is an appropriate step in diagnosing your fault. Yes, it can be turned against you, but it pays to look at every possibility.

screamingdaisy said:
In fairness, assessing the whole rig is an appropriate step in diagnosing your fault. Yes, it can be turned against you, but it pays to look at every possibility.

I agree 100%, it is one of those neccessary evils.

New developments

Vogelsong said:
Is this problem intermittent, or does it happen as soon as you plug in?

The problem is intermittent as it only happens when turned on, with or without guitar, and cold. Once it gets hot, the noises stop.

I know my rig will not turn against me!! :D

I've talked to Tien. He and Matt Smith are aware of the problem.
Tomorrow i'll be back to the store (because they are the ones who can take care of this as I can't send the amp to the States) and we will check the amp together, do a trouble shoot of pre tubes and see what happens... Hopefully they can change something in case some tube needs to be replaced, if it is something worse... The amp will be shipped back AGAIN to the distributor (where all the pro-techs are), and I'll talk to Tien again, as from next week I cannot be without amp.
Then, something will be decided... if a new amp or not...

Stay tuned... tomorrow there will be more news!

Back