I'm starting to HATE Mesa Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this entire thread, and a lot of previous, to when the Mark V was introduced, produced and everyone was waiting for theirs to arrive. There was much anticipation, but then there were delivery delays due to some QC issues at Mesa. Perhaps a few got through that were not 100% to spec. Maybe I'm wrong. Mesa provides a 5 year warranty on all of their new equipment to the original purchaser and beyond. This 5 year should not change if you live and purchase anywhere in the world. 3 strikes and your out rule applies here. It's frustrating as hell, but sometimes you have to do it. Give them one more chance to get it right, if they don't, get your money back or get a new amp from them.

I've delt with companys with quality/customer issues and had positive results. Mesa is an excellent quality company, some times it takes more time than you would like......Hang in!

I will give Mesa another shot.
and this, just because I talked to Tien and the guys from Boogie were happy to help. Faster and more efficiently than the guys from Boogie Portugal
Still, this last shot, is not regarding the company, but The amp. Obviously, if this one has a problem, I want Mark V without problems, not another brand.

So far my gigs were mainly classical music, and some bigband rock (unfortunately). in 2 weeks time i'll begin my tour with the actual band. And for that I need the Mark V running problem free.

By they way, tube trouble-shoot from mesa website says you should put a spax7 instead of 12ax7 if you want stability in v1.
What if a put spax7 in all sockets??? If it is better for v1 shouln't it be better for all v's???

Ok, time to move the amp, cab and guitar to the car... and begin 50km journey!
More news, later today!

SPAX7's are just less microphonic than regular 12AX7 (Mesa supposedly screens them for this). As for tone, they sound no better than regular 12AX7's.

Since V1 is most sensitive to microphonics, Mesa uses an SPAX7 in that position.

Latest News: The amp went, 3rd time, to the distributor as they don't let the store change the tubes or do a trouble-shoot of them.
They say this is top priority and i'll have it back by Friday... fingers crossed. 3rd time is the charm isn't it??? Lets hope it is...
They say they know what is the problem... let's wait and see for the repair report!

Rkorn said:
They say they know what is the problem... let's wait and see for the repair report!

I call BS on this alone, what did they do a mind meld with the amp. They're just trying to make ya feel good. Stay positive but realistic.

TTSTWO said:
Mesa provides a 5 year warranty on all of their new equipment to the original purchaser and beyond. This 5 year should not change if you live and purchase anywhere in the world. 3 strikes and your out rule applies here. It's frustrating as hell, but sometimes you have to do it.

I

this actually caught my eyes.. are you sure about the warranty being so long everywhere in the world? Cause I've been currently dealing with guitarguitar.co.uk and they offer only 1 year warranty period and claim this is normal.. any opinions guys?

In Portugal it is 2 years. 6 months on tubes and 6 months if something goes wrong and the amp needs to be replaced.
Still, the law in Portugal says in first 6 months if the product doesn't do what it is supposed to do properly they are forced to give me another amp or full refund.

If this would happen to me, full refund, i would buy another MV

Already got the email saying it was there.
I'll go to the store after lunch, supposedly to pick up a new one.
They changed the amp, the shell is the same, but serial etc.... all new!
Just hope this new one doesn't have any problem!

Me too... I believe if it passes the 1/2 week, it should be fine... cause all the problems came more or less in that time frame.
When they said they knew what the problem was i bet the resolution was a new amp.
If everything works out...
Let me tell you! Mesa has my respect! Not only for equipment, but also for service!
It may have taken some time! But it worked out... fingers crossed!

Rkorn said:
Me too... I believe if it passes the 1/2 week, it should be fine... cause all the problems came more or less in that time frame.
When they said they knew what the problem was i bet the resolution was a new amp.
If everything works out...
Let me tell you! Mesa has my respect! Not only for equipment, but also for service!
It may have taken some time! But it worked out... fingers crossed!

You'll never know for sure, but it sounds to me like after Mr. Mesa was on here and contacted you. Your dist. over there got a phone call. Telling them how they were going to take care of it.

And now all is good.

Im happy for ya. Hope this one does the trick.

guys sorry to steal your thread but.. do you perhaps know if in case I borrow the mark 5 from UK, I'd be able to use in EU? the shop I talked to said yes, and that I just need a ACU-ACE reduction but a couple of friends suggested that some amp brands may be different and may have multiple voltage models being produced (US110V, UK 240V, EU 220V) , we've got 220V here..
supposedly one of the guys here had a UK-ish recto preamp where he had to perform some changes on the transformer as it would not play, but I'd like to avoid that and if there is no other option I'd take the one which is distrubuted by a shop who carries is +200e more expensive...
So I am just trying to find out if anyone in the EU ever purchased a MK5 from a UK seller

K-Roll: no problem!
Yes it will work, if you buy the voltage reductor (is this how you say it???) it will work fine, a new transformer will cost you but won't have to carry the thing along with the amp, as it is quite heavy.
I know some guys here who have amps from US and they work fine. Some with new transformer (300€ more or less) and some with a voltage thingy!!!

Going to pick up the amp now... more news (hopefully last news) later

Ok, just got it.
It's new.
Old one was serial 35** new one 33**. This one has Yellow tubes the other had green... the yellow feel more thick, green more organic... might just be placebo!!
Fingers crossed for this one!!!!

Nice one!
May this beast be disease free...!!
Glad you got a new one...that other one sounded possessed by Satan...(but not just in the usual cool riffs/brutal tone kinda way!)

Did you get time to "stretch her legs"...?

Just for some 30 minutes...tomorrow will be pushing harder! and sunday even harder! lets see how she takes the batter!

Rkorn said:
Just for some 30 minutes...tomorrow will be pushing harder! and sunday even harder! lets see how she takes the batter!

Beat it like a red headed step child!

:lol: Indeed! Beat it like it owed you money!

This goes out to your old amp, as its most appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ET4lP30L5U
(Recorded this morning for a laugh)

Boognoob said:
:lol: Indeed! Beat it like it owed you money!

This goes out to your old amp, as its most appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ET4lP30L5U
(Recorded this morning for a laugh)

Im gonna guess before listening that it's Taps.

Back