IIC+ worth going after in this situation?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyless7620

Reaction score
I have a simul class Mark III which I love to death. I changed amps for years and it all halted when I got it about 2 years ago. But alas, curiosity is getting the better of me these days and I'm curious as to whether it is worth going after a IIC+ considering the upcharge in price involved? I'd love a simul IIC+ w/ EQ.

Is it something worth going after or is settling for another Mark III just as good?

Thanks

P.S: I'd stick to simul class because it's what I know, but what are the main differences in sound compared to the 60/100's?

Don't sell it. It seems like you were a frequent amp changer until you got the III, and fell in love with it. Unless you've had ample time to check out the II (maybe from a friend) and know for sure you'll like it even more, you'd be nuts to do the trade. My $.02.

With 13,385 MK III's out their and 1800 IIC+'s I would say you wont get very many opportunities to buy a Simul/EQ.
My best guess is their are around 700 Simul/EQ/Reverb's out their.

Elpelotero said:
Do you find the III to be lacking in anything? Perhaps too bright, or too dark, etc, etc.

Not really, I love my amp to death, it is my baby afterall. However, I'm always open to the idea that the IIC+ might just be the amp that could take it that extra step, you know?

The quad pre had is based apone a mk3 and mk2 c, the mk2c sounded more vinly/analog, yet more focused, i liked the 2c much more.

The c+ i have (simual and EQ) have the same focused sound , yet more bright with better respons and fell , the brightness is strange because it gives the analog nature of the sound a violin like kvality to the midrange, wich IMO is the c+ magic all talk about (plus the respos thing).
In clean mode its very aparent

I say if you can find one go for it, everying i liked about the mk3 sound where just better in the c+

IMO

Skyless7620 said:
Elpelotero said:
Do you find the III to be lacking in anything? Perhaps too bright, or too dark, etc, etc.

Not really, I love my amp to death, it is my baby afterall. However, I'm always open to the idea that the IIC+ might just be the amp that could take it that extra step, you know?

You'd lose a touch of versatility, but you'd gain some more harmonic richness and a smoother tone. If you're looking for that, then go now. The economy is at its low, although prime C+'s hold value no matter what the economy is.

Awesome, and is there a big difference between the standard 60 or 100 watt C+ to the Simul class ones?

Thanks for the good responses guys =)

Skyless7620 said:
Awesome, and is there a big difference between the standard 60 or 100 watt C+ to the Simul class ones?

Thanks for the good responses guys =)

I have both, they are more similar than different but there's a different 'feeling' to them. I can dial in similar tones but the simul is smoother and more rounded. I find the 60/100 to have more urgency and roar. That said, they're all different. I've played two DRG's that sound different. The simul can handle pretty much anything but if I'm going for pure metal tones I usually go for the 60/100. That isn't to say the simul can't do it (because it can in spades), but the smoothness of the simul loses a tad bit of the edge that I like in the 60/100. A well known trick around these parts: running your speaker at 4ohms in a 60/100 gives you a pretty good approximation of the simul tone.

To your OP, if you like your Mark III, the C+ will not be as versatile but it will do everything you like about your III better in my opinion.

id say yes go after the IIc+

i had a III blue stripe and it sounded great but the c+ just kills it completely in my opinion

since you do not plan on selling the III it'll give you the chance to switch back and forth between the two if you get bored of one

Alright, you got me convinced. I guess I'll be checking ebay and the classifieds pretty often! If any of you guys are selling (since a lot of you in this thread have more than one haha) let me know!

Skyless7620 said:
Alright, you got me convinced. I guess I'll be checking ebay and the classifieds pretty often! If any of you guys are selling (since a lot of you in this thread have more than one haha) let me know!

The words of other people should not convince you to make any decision regarding a C+. It will be your own ears and most likely the "feel" of the C+ that settles the score. I've owned and sold nearly all the Mark III stripe models as well as both of the Mark IV versions. I ended up with the C+ and the Xotic RC Booster as my 3 channel solution. 8)

JOEY B. said:
Skyless7620 said:

The words of other people should not convince you to make any decision regarding a C+. It will be your own ears and most likely the "feel" of the C+ that settles the score. I've owned and sold nearly all the Mark III stripe models as well as both of the Mark IV versions. I ended up with the C+ and the Xotic RC Booster as my 3 channel solution. 8)

I have no other way of trying one out. I need to buy it, play with it, then decide if it's for me. I did that with the Mark IV, sold it and got my Mark III.

Latest posts

Back